Nov 14, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
There were two hat tricks in last night’s action, so I thought I’d include them in one handy post.
At the top, we have Ray Whitney’s resourceful trio. I figured I’d feature “The Wizard” first since Evgeni Malkin has plenty of attention, awards and adoration (and will receive more attention for his hatter in highlight packages and the like, if I had to bet).
A few interesting facts about the two hat tricks:
- Both Whitney (three goals, two assists) and Malkin (three goals, one assist) were involved in all of their respective teams’ goals. Not too surprisingly, both of their teams also won.
- Each player earned a hat trick with the help of an empty-netter.
- Ray Whitney came into tonight’s game with zero goals and six assists, so he nearly doubled his previous season output.
Anyway, those facts aside, take a look at Malkin’s hat trick at the bottom of this post.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)