Nov 14, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
There were two hat tricks in last night’s action, so I thought I’d include them in one handy post.
At the top, we have Ray Whitney’s resourceful trio. I figured I’d feature “The Wizard” first since Evgeni Malkin has plenty of attention, awards and adoration (and will receive more attention for his hatter in highlight packages and the like, if I had to bet).
A few interesting facts about the two hat tricks:
- Both Whitney (three goals, two assists) and Malkin (three goals, one assist) were involved in all of their respective teams’ goals. Not too surprisingly, both of their teams also won.
- Each player earned a hat trick with the help of an empty-netter.
- Ray Whitney came into tonight’s game with zero goals and six assists, so he nearly doubled his previous season output.
Anyway, those facts aside, take a look at Malkin’s hat trick at the bottom of this post.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)