Nov 14, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
There were two hat tricks in last night’s action, so I thought I’d include them in one handy post.
At the top, we have Ray Whitney’s resourceful trio. I figured I’d feature “The Wizard” first since Evgeni Malkin has plenty of attention, awards and adoration (and will receive more attention for his hatter in highlight packages and the like, if I had to bet).
A few interesting facts about the two hat tricks:
- Both Whitney (three goals, two assists) and Malkin (three goals, one assist) were involved in all of their respective teams’ goals. Not too surprisingly, both of their teams also won.
- Each player earned a hat trick with the help of an empty-netter.
- Ray Whitney came into tonight’s game with zero goals and six assists, so he nearly doubled his previous season output.
Anyway, those facts aside, take a look at Malkin’s hat trick at the bottom of this post.
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 0
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 27
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)