Nov 14, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
There were two hat tricks in last night’s action, so I thought I’d include them in one handy post.
At the top, we have Ray Whitney’s resourceful trio. I figured I’d feature “The Wizard” first since Evgeni Malkin has plenty of attention, awards and adoration (and will receive more attention for his hatter in highlight packages and the like, if I had to bet).
A few interesting facts about the two hat tricks:
- Both Whitney (three goals, two assists) and Malkin (three goals, one assist) were involved in all of their respective teams’ goals. Not too surprisingly, both of their teams also won.
- Each player earned a hat trick with the help of an empty-netter.
- Ray Whitney came into tonight’s game with zero goals and six assists, so he nearly doubled his previous season output.
Anyway, those facts aside, take a look at Malkin’s hat trick at the bottom of this post.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40