Nov 14, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
There were two hat tricks in last night’s action, so I thought I’d include them in one handy post.
At the top, we have Ray Whitney’s resourceful trio. I figured I’d feature “The Wizard” first since Evgeni Malkin has plenty of attention, awards and adoration (and will receive more attention for his hatter in highlight packages and the like, if I had to bet).
A few interesting facts about the two hat tricks:
- Both Whitney (three goals, two assists) and Malkin (three goals, one assist) were involved in all of their respective teams’ goals. Not too surprisingly, both of their teams also won.
- Each player earned a hat trick with the help of an empty-netter.
- Ray Whitney came into tonight’s game with zero goals and six assists, so he nearly doubled his previous season output.
Anyway, those facts aside, take a look at Malkin’s hat trick at the bottom of this post.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)