Nov 14, 2010, 4:29 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
5:00 PM ET games
Atlanta @ Washington
Likely Atlanta starter: Chris Mason – Ondrej Pavelec received the start – and struggled – against the Pittsburgh Penguins, so now it’s time for Mason’s turn in the rotation. (Source: Chris Vivlamore.)
Likely Washington starter: Michal Neuvirth – Is Neuvirth the biggest steal in fantasy hockey so far this year? (Source: Washington Capitals Web site.)
Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
Likely Minnesota starter: Niklas Backstrom – (Source: Michael Russo.)
Likely Tampa Bay starter: Dan Ellis - It seems like Ellis has a solid hold on the top spot. (Source: Raw Charge.)
7:00 PM ET game
Anaheim @ Chicago
Likely Anaheim starter: Curtis McElhinney – With the Ducks in wait-and-see mode regarding the health of their top guy Jonas Hiller, their backup must try to keep their winning streak going. At least, that’s my guess.
Likely Chicago starter: Corey Crawford – Marty Turco earned the last start, so I think that there’s a solid chance Crawford might get the start tonight.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21