Nov 14, 2010, 4:29 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
5:00 PM ET games
Atlanta @ Washington
Likely Atlanta starter: Chris Mason – Ondrej Pavelec received the start – and struggled – against the Pittsburgh Penguins, so now it’s time for Mason’s turn in the rotation. (Source: Chris Vivlamore.)
Likely Washington starter: Michal Neuvirth – Is Neuvirth the biggest steal in fantasy hockey so far this year? (Source: Washington Capitals Web site.)
Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
Likely Minnesota starter: Niklas Backstrom – (Source: Michael Russo.)
Likely Tampa Bay starter: Dan Ellis – It seems like Ellis has a solid hold on the top spot. (Source: Raw Charge.)
7:00 PM ET game
Anaheim @ Chicago
Likely Anaheim starter: Curtis McElhinney – With the Ducks in wait-and-see mode regarding the health of their top guy Jonas Hiller, their backup must try to keep their winning streak going. At least, that’s my guess.
Likely Chicago starter: Corey Crawford – Marty Turco earned the last start, so I think that there’s a solid chance Crawford might get the start tonight.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5