Nov 14, 2010, 4:29 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
5:00 PM ET games
Atlanta @ Washington
Likely Atlanta starter: Chris Mason – Ondrej Pavelec received the start – and struggled – against the Pittsburgh Penguins, so now it’s time for Mason’s turn in the rotation. (Source: Chris Vivlamore.)
Likely Washington starter: Michal Neuvirth – Is Neuvirth the biggest steal in fantasy hockey so far this year? (Source: Washington Capitals Web site.)
Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
Likely Minnesota starter: Niklas Backstrom – (Source: Michael Russo.)
Likely Tampa Bay starter: Dan Ellis - It seems like Ellis has a solid hold on the top spot. (Source: Raw Charge.)
7:00 PM ET game
Anaheim @ Chicago
Likely Anaheim starter: Curtis McElhinney – With the Ducks in wait-and-see mode regarding the health of their top guy Jonas Hiller, their backup must try to keep their winning streak going. At least, that’s my guess.
Likely Chicago starter: Corey Crawford – Marty Turco earned the last start, so I think that there’s a solid chance Crawford might get the start tonight.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 14
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11