Nov 14, 2010, 4:29 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
5:00 PM ET games
Atlanta @ Washington
Likely Atlanta starter: Chris Mason – Ondrej Pavelec received the start – and struggled – against the Pittsburgh Penguins, so now it’s time for Mason’s turn in the rotation. (Source: Chris Vivlamore.)
Likely Washington starter: Michal Neuvirth – Is Neuvirth the biggest steal in fantasy hockey so far this year? (Source: Washington Capitals Web site.)
Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
Likely Minnesota starter: Niklas Backstrom – (Source: Michael Russo.)
Likely Tampa Bay starter: Dan Ellis - It seems like Ellis has a solid hold on the top spot. (Source: Raw Charge.)
7:00 PM ET game
Anaheim @ Chicago
Likely Anaheim starter: Curtis McElhinney – With the Ducks in wait-and-see mode regarding the health of their top guy Jonas Hiller, their backup must try to keep their winning streak going. At least, that’s my guess.
Likely Chicago starter: Corey Crawford – Marty Turco earned the last start, so I think that there’s a solid chance Crawford might get the start tonight.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54