Nov 14, 2010, 4:29 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
5:00 PM ET games
Atlanta @ Washington
Likely Atlanta starter: Chris Mason – Ondrej Pavelec received the start – and struggled – against the Pittsburgh Penguins, so now it’s time for Mason’s turn in the rotation. (Source: Chris Vivlamore.)
Likely Washington starter: Michal Neuvirth – Is Neuvirth the biggest steal in fantasy hockey so far this year? (Source: Washington Capitals Web site.)
Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
Likely Minnesota starter: Niklas Backstrom – (Source: Michael Russo.)
Likely Tampa Bay starter: Dan Ellis - It seems like Ellis has a solid hold on the top spot. (Source: Raw Charge.)
7:00 PM ET game
Anaheim @ Chicago
Likely Anaheim starter: Curtis McElhinney – With the Ducks in wait-and-see mode regarding the health of their top guy Jonas Hiller, their backup must try to keep their winning streak going. At least, that’s my guess.
Likely Chicago starter: Corey Crawford – Marty Turco earned the last start, so I think that there’s a solid chance Crawford might get the start tonight.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22