Nov 14, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Carey Price is making a lot of people eat crow this year.
Honestly, I thought that the Montreal Canadiens assumed that junior-level success would automatically translate to pro-level productivity. After all, he was very impressive at the age of 2o, averaging a 92 save percentage and 2.56 GAA while going 24-12-3 in 41 games during his rookie year. Yet, in the next two years, he was a decidedly mediocre 36-36-15 with a peak save percentage of 91.2.
He didn’t put up awful numbers. That being said, he was far from dominant, but the Habs put their faith in him.
So far, that gamble is paying off in huge quantities, as Price is playing some of the best hockey of his career. He had no business making the save he made in the video above, but he made it happen. He also played to the crowd, showing the kind of moxie that the Habs surely have been hoping to see for the last … 15 year or so? Anyway, it’s a great save, so enjoy another fine point in Price’s so-far so-good season.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (46)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)