Nov 14, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Carey Price is making a lot of people eat crow this year.
Honestly, I thought that the Montreal Canadiens assumed that junior-level success would automatically translate to pro-level productivity. After all, he was very impressive at the age of 2o, averaging a 92 save percentage and 2.56 GAA while going 24-12-3 in 41 games during his rookie year. Yet, in the next two years, he was a decidedly mediocre 36-36-15 with a peak save percentage of 91.2.
He didn’t put up awful numbers. That being said, he was far from dominant, but the Habs put their faith in him.
So far, that gamble is paying off in huge quantities, as Price is playing some of the best hockey of his career. He had no business making the save he made in the video above, but he made it happen. He also played to the crowd, showing the kind of moxie that the Habs surely have been hoping to see for the last … 15 year or so? Anyway, it’s a great save, so enjoy another fine point in Price’s so-far so-good season.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)