Nov 14, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Carey Price is making a lot of people eat crow this year.
Honestly, I thought that the Montreal Canadiens assumed that junior-level success would automatically translate to pro-level productivity. After all, he was very impressive at the age of 2o, averaging a 92 save percentage and 2.56 GAA while going 24-12-3 in 41 games during his rookie year. Yet, in the next two years, he was a decidedly mediocre 36-36-15 with a peak save percentage of 91.2.
He didn’t put up awful numbers. That being said, he was far from dominant, but the Habs put their faith in him.
So far, that gamble is paying off in huge quantities, as Price is playing some of the best hockey of his career. He had no business making the save he made in the video above, but he made it happen. He also played to the crowd, showing the kind of moxie that the Habs surely have been hoping to see for the last … 15 year or so? Anyway, it’s a great save, so enjoy another fine point in Price’s so-far so-good season.
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 13
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 3
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 61
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 27
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (61)