Nov 14, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Carey Price is making a lot of people eat crow this year.
Honestly, I thought that the Montreal Canadiens assumed that junior-level success would automatically translate to pro-level productivity. After all, he was very impressive at the age of 2o, averaging a 92 save percentage and 2.56 GAA while going 24-12-3 in 41 games during his rookie year. Yet, in the next two years, he was a decidedly mediocre 36-36-15 with a peak save percentage of 91.2.
He didn’t put up awful numbers. That being said, he was far from dominant, but the Habs put their faith in him.
So far, that gamble is paying off in huge quantities, as Price is playing some of the best hockey of his career. He had no business making the save he made in the video above, but he made it happen. He also played to the crowd, showing the kind of moxie that the Habs surely have been hoping to see for the last … 15 year or so? Anyway, it’s a great save, so enjoy another fine point in Price’s so-far so-good season.
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 45
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 31
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (60)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)