Nov 14, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
If you’d like to read about the other nine games from Saturday, click here.
The Sharks have won two games in a row now, yet they’re far from the hottest team in their division; every other Pacific Division team except the slumping Stars are on a three-game winning streak or better.
Nearly all of the Sharks offense came from three forwards who scored one goal and two assists: Logan Couture, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski. The biggest relief might be that Antti Niemi earned the win over Miikka Kiprusoff tonight. Meanwhile, the Flames are starting to slide, going 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Anze Kopitar scored two goals to lead the regal Kings over the putrid Islanders in a game that never really seemed that close. Drew Doughty, Dustin Brown and Justin Williams also scored for Los Angeles, who are on a six-game winning streak right now.
The Islanders are now on an horrific 10-game losing streak, with little hope in the near future. They’ve been competitive in at least some of those games, but when you only take 15 shots you’re not going to win many (if any games). I don’t think their problems lie solely with coach Scott Gordon, but someone will have to take the fall at some point.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)