Nov 14, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
If you’d like to read about the other nine games from Saturday, click here.
The Sharks have won two games in a row now, yet they’re far from the hottest team in their division; every other Pacific Division team except the slumping Stars are on a three-game winning streak or better.
Nearly all of the Sharks offense came from three forwards who scored one goal and two assists: Logan Couture, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski. The biggest relief might be that Antti Niemi earned the win over Miikka Kiprusoff tonight. Meanwhile, the Flames are starting to slide, going 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Anze Kopitar scored two goals to lead the regal Kings over the putrid Islanders in a game that never really seemed that close. Drew Doughty, Dustin Brown and Justin Williams also scored for Los Angeles, who are on a six-game winning streak right now.
The Islanders are now on an horrific 10-game losing streak, with little hope in the near future. They’ve been competitive in at least some of those games, but when you only take 15 shots you’re not going to win many (if any games). I don’t think their problems lie solely with coach Scott Gordon, but someone will have to take the fall at some point.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 8
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 2
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)