Nov 14, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
If you’d like to read about the other nine games from Saturday, click here.
The Sharks have won two games in a row now, yet they’re far from the hottest team in their division; every other Pacific Division team except the slumping Stars are on a three-game winning streak or better.
Nearly all of the Sharks offense came from three forwards who scored one goal and two assists: Logan Couture, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski. The biggest relief might be that Antti Niemi earned the win over Miikka Kiprusoff tonight. Meanwhile, the Flames are starting to slide, going 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Anze Kopitar scored two goals to lead the regal Kings over the putrid Islanders in a game that never really seemed that close. Drew Doughty, Dustin Brown and Justin Williams also scored for Los Angeles, who are on a six-game winning streak right now.
The Islanders are now on an horrific 10-game losing streak, with little hope in the near future. They’ve been competitive in at least some of those games, but when you only take 15 shots you’re not going to win many (if any games). I don’t think their problems lie solely with coach Scott Gordon, but someone will have to take the fall at some point.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39