Nov 14, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
If you’d like to read about the other nine games from Saturday, click here.
The Sharks have won two games in a row now, yet they’re far from the hottest team in their division; every other Pacific Division team except the slumping Stars are on a three-game winning streak or better.
Nearly all of the Sharks offense came from three forwards who scored one goal and two assists: Logan Couture, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski. The biggest relief might be that Antti Niemi earned the win over Miikka Kiprusoff tonight. Meanwhile, the Flames are starting to slide, going 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Anze Kopitar scored two goals to lead the regal Kings over the putrid Islanders in a game that never really seemed that close. Drew Doughty, Dustin Brown and Justin Williams also scored for Los Angeles, who are on a six-game winning streak right now.
The Islanders are now on an horrific 10-game losing streak, with little hope in the near future. They’ve been competitive in at least some of those games, but when you only take 15 shots you’re not going to win many (if any games). I don’t think their problems lie solely with coach Scott Gordon, but someone will have to take the fall at some point.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54