Nov 14, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
If you’d like to read about the other nine games from Saturday, click here.
The Sharks have won two games in a row now, yet they’re far from the hottest team in their division; every other Pacific Division team except the slumping Stars are on a three-game winning streak or better.
Nearly all of the Sharks offense came from three forwards who scored one goal and two assists: Logan Couture, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski. The biggest relief might be that Antti Niemi earned the win over Miikka Kiprusoff tonight. Meanwhile, the Flames are starting to slide, going 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Anze Kopitar scored two goals to lead the regal Kings over the putrid Islanders in a game that never really seemed that close. Drew Doughty, Dustin Brown and Justin Williams also scored for Los Angeles, who are on a six-game winning streak right now.
The Islanders are now on an horrific 10-game losing streak, with little hope in the near future. They’ve been competitive in at least some of those games, but when you only take 15 shots you’re not going to win many (if any games). I don’t think their problems lie solely with coach Scott Gordon, but someone will have to take the fall at some point.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 3
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)