Nov 14, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Who knows how far you can take “kicking the tires” type talk, but Sportsnet’s John Shannon discussed the interesting possibility that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban might be interested in purchasing the Dallas Stars.
In case you weren’t following Major League Baseball ownership situations, a group headed by Nolan Ryan outbid Cuban’s group and purchased the Texas Rangers.
Such a situation indicates that Cuban might have some extra money available to invest in another sports team and there’s precedent to Cuban’s interest in the NHL: he was rumored to be interested in buying his hometown Pittsburgh Penguins in the earlier stages of that team’s sale.
So there might be a legitimate chance that Cuban is actually interested in the Stars. Watch the video for yourself (the Cuban-Stars portion begins a little bit after the 1:00 mark.)
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 0
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 69
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 63
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)