Nov 14, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Who knows how far you can take “kicking the tires” type talk, but Sportsnet’s John Shannon discussed the interesting possibility that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban might be interested in purchasing the Dallas Stars.
In case you weren’t following Major League Baseball ownership situations, a group headed by Nolan Ryan outbid Cuban’s group and purchased the Texas Rangers.
Such a situation indicates that Cuban might have some extra money available to invest in another sports team and there’s precedent to Cuban’s interest in the NHL: he was rumored to be interested in buying his hometown Pittsburgh Penguins in the earlier stages of that team’s sale.
So there might be a legitimate chance that Cuban is actually interested in the Stars. Watch the video for yourself (the Cuban-Stars portion begins a little bit after the 1:00 mark.)
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)