Nov 14, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Who knows how far you can take “kicking the tires” type talk, but Sportsnet’s John Shannon discussed the interesting possibility that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban might be interested in purchasing the Dallas Stars.
In case you weren’t following Major League Baseball ownership situations, a group headed by Nolan Ryan outbid Cuban’s group and purchased the Texas Rangers.
Such a situation indicates that Cuban might have some extra money available to invest in another sports team and there’s precedent to Cuban’s interest in the NHL: he was rumored to be interested in buying his hometown Pittsburgh Penguins in the earlier stages of that team’s sale.
So there might be a legitimate chance that Cuban is actually interested in the Stars. Watch the video for yourself (the Cuban-Stars portion begins a little bit after the 1:00 mark.)
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40