Nov 14, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
Who knows how far you can take “kicking the tires” type talk, but Sportsnet’s John Shannon discussed the interesting possibility that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban might be interested in purchasing the Dallas Stars.
In case you weren’t following Major League Baseball ownership situations, a group headed by Nolan Ryan outbid Cuban’s group and purchased the Texas Rangers.
Such a situation indicates that Cuban might have some extra money available to invest in another sports team and there’s precedent to Cuban’s interest in the NHL: he was rumored to be interested in buying his hometown Pittsburgh Penguins in the earlier stages of that team’s sale.
So there might be a legitimate chance that Cuban is actually interested in the Stars. Watch the video for yourself (the Cuban-Stars portion begins a little bit after the 1:00 mark.)
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)