Nov 14, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Every once in a while, a hockey player scores a goal that would have forced me to chuck a controller if it happened in a video game.
Thomas Vanek’s beauty would probably fit into that category. The talented (if irresponsibly paid) sniper made the Washington Capitals look silly on this overtime game-winning goal.
Vanek’s goal earned the Sabres their first home win of the season, his second of the night and also earned him the Goal of the Night too.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 23
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3