Nov 14, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Every once in a while, a hockey player scores a goal that would have forced me to chuck a controller if it happened in a video game.
Thomas Vanek’s beauty would probably fit into that category. The talented (if irresponsibly paid) sniper made the Washington Capitals look silly on this overtime game-winning goal.
Vanek’s goal earned the Sabres their first home win of the season, his second of the night and also earned him the Goal of the Night too.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54