Nov 14, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Here is a preview of today’s four games, including one oddly early start. All times are Eastern (ET) as usual.
Edmonton @ NY Rangers
Both teams cannot really blame a loss on fatigue, unless it’s in a big picture sense. The Rangers haven’t played in a game since Thursday while the Oilers most recent skirmish was on Friday.
The Oilers are wrapping up a troubling five-game road trip with this match. So far, they are 1-2-1 in the first four road contests. Getting a win would earn them a respectable five points in five games.
Atlanta @ Washington
Both teams are coming back from losses, with the Thrashers being beaten handily by the Pittsburgh Penguins while the Capitals lost in overtime against the Buffalo Sabres. Ultimately, the Caps are the class of this division, though. I would guess that they will probably dominate this one.
Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
It’s pretty difficult to believe that only one win separates the positivity-soaked Lightning and the shoulder shrugging Wild. That being said, it could be interesting to see which team blinks first: offense-first Tampa Bay or traditionally defense-first Minnesota.
Anaheim @ Chicago
The struggling defending Stanley Cup champions play against one of the hottest teams in the NHL in this one. These two teams seem to be going in two directions, with the Ducks winning their last six while the Blackhawks lost their last three. It should be an awfully interesting game, especially since Jonas Hiller is likely to miss it after getting hit in the face with a puck.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 12
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 41
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)