Nov 14, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
Here is a preview of today’s four games, including one oddly early start. All times are Eastern (ET) as usual.
Edmonton @ NY Rangers
Both teams cannot really blame a loss on fatigue, unless it’s in a big picture sense. The Rangers haven’t played in a game since Thursday while the Oilers most recent skirmish was on Friday.
The Oilers are wrapping up a troubling five-game road trip with this match. So far, they are 1-2-1 in the first four road contests. Getting a win would earn them a respectable five points in five games.
Atlanta @ Washington
Both teams are coming back from losses, with the Thrashers being beaten handily by the Pittsburgh Penguins while the Capitals lost in overtime against the Buffalo Sabres. Ultimately, the Caps are the class of this division, though. I would guess that they will probably dominate this one.
Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
It’s pretty difficult to believe that only one win separates the positivity-soaked Lightning and the shoulder shrugging Wild. That being said, it could be interesting to see which team blinks first: offense-first Tampa Bay or traditionally defense-first Minnesota.
Anaheim @ Chicago
The struggling defending Stanley Cup champions play against one of the hottest teams in the NHL in this one. These two teams seem to be going in two directions, with the Ducks winning their last six while the Blackhawks lost their last three. It should be an awfully interesting game, especially since Jonas Hiller is likely to miss it after getting hit in the face with a puck.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)