Nov 14, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
Here is a preview of today’s four games, including one oddly early start. All times are Eastern (ET) as usual.
Edmonton @ NY Rangers
Both teams cannot really blame a loss on fatigue, unless it’s in a big picture sense. The Rangers haven’t played in a game since Thursday while the Oilers most recent skirmish was on Friday.
The Oilers are wrapping up a troubling five-game road trip with this match. So far, they are 1-2-1 in the first four road contests. Getting a win would earn them a respectable five points in five games.
Atlanta @ Washington
Both teams are coming back from losses, with the Thrashers being beaten handily by the Pittsburgh Penguins while the Capitals lost in overtime against the Buffalo Sabres. Ultimately, the Caps are the class of this division, though. I would guess that they will probably dominate this one.
Minnesota @ Tampa Bay
It’s pretty difficult to believe that only one win separates the positivity-soaked Lightning and the shoulder shrugging Wild. That being said, it could be interesting to see which team blinks first: offense-first Tampa Bay or traditionally defense-first Minnesota.
Anaheim @ Chicago
The struggling defending Stanley Cup champions play against one of the hottest teams in the NHL in this one. These two teams seem to be going in two directions, with the Ducks winning their last six while the Blackhawks lost their last three. It should be an awfully interesting game, especially since Jonas Hiller is likely to miss it after getting hit in the face with a puck.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4