Nov 13, 2010, 10:01 PM EDT
Horrible news out of Ottawa tonight: Daron Richardson died after being rushed to the hospital on Friday night. Daron was the 14-year-old daughter of former player and Senators assistant coach Luke Richardson.
Here is more information about the awful situation from the Associated Press.
Daron Richardson, 14, was rushed to the hospital Friday, the Senators said in a statement.
“There was an accident at their home (Friday) and Daron tried to take her life by hanging,” the statement read. “Her mother found her in the basement, and Daron was rushed to the hospital by ambulance where she remained in critical condition in ICU until she succumbed to her injuries.”
Luke Richardson played 21 seasons in the NHL with Toronto, Edmonton, Philadelphia, Columbus, Tampa Bay and Ottawa. He retired in 2008, finishing with 35 goals and 166 assists in 1,417 games.
Our hearts go out to Luke and his family on what must be a very difficult night.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17