Nov 13, 2010, 10:01 PM EST
Horrible news out of Ottawa tonight: Daron Richardson died after being rushed to the hospital on Friday night. Daron was the 14-year-old daughter of former player and Senators assistant coach Luke Richardson.
Here is more information about the awful situation from the Associated Press.
Daron Richardson, 14, was rushed to the hospital Friday, the Senators said in a statement.
“There was an accident at their home (Friday) and Daron tried to take her life by hanging,” the statement read. “Her mother found her in the basement, and Daron was rushed to the hospital by ambulance where she remained in critical condition in ICU until she succumbed to her injuries.”
Luke Richardson played 21 seasons in the NHL with Toronto, Edmonton, Philadelphia, Columbus, Tampa Bay and Ottawa. He retired in 2008, finishing with 35 goals and 166 assists in 1,417 games.
Our hearts go out to Luke and his family on what must be a very difficult night.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (44)