Nov 13, 2010, 11:25 PM EST
As we noted before, Tampa Bay Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier broke his hand during the team’s game against the Washington Capitals on Thursday.
The team announced that he’s expected to miss three to four weeks with the injury, but Lightning blog Raw Charge unearthed one other important detail: it sounds like Lecavalier will undergo surgery on that injured hand on Monday. It’s not clear if that surgery will alter that three to four week window, though.
Perhaps there’s a meager chance that this means Lecavalier won’t undergo surgery on Monday, but my guess is that the team or Lecavalier might just be upset that the news surfaced this way. If, however, this proves to be incorrect, we’ll let you know.
Obviously, we’ll also provide updates regarding his injury status as news circulates as well.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 39
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)