Nov 13, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
As we noted before, Tampa Bay Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier broke his hand during the team’s game against the Washington Capitals on Thursday.
The team announced that he’s expected to miss three to four weeks with the injury, but Lightning blog Raw Charge unearthed one other important detail: it sounds like Lecavalier will undergo surgery on that injured hand on Monday. It’s not clear if that surgery will alter that three to four week window, though.
Perhaps there’s a meager chance that this means Lecavalier won’t undergo surgery on Monday, but my guess is that the team or Lecavalier might just be upset that the news surfaced this way. If, however, this proves to be incorrect, we’ll let you know.
Obviously, we’ll also provide updates regarding his injury status as news circulates as well.
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 4
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 23
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)