Nov 13, 2010, 11:25 PM EDT
As we noted before, Tampa Bay Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier broke his hand during the team’s game against the Washington Capitals on Thursday.
The team announced that he’s expected to miss three to four weeks with the injury, but Lightning blog Raw Charge unearthed one other important detail: it sounds like Lecavalier will undergo surgery on that injured hand on Monday. It’s not clear if that surgery will alter that three to four week window, though.
Perhaps there’s a meager chance that this means Lecavalier won’t undergo surgery on Monday, but my guess is that the team or Lecavalier might just be upset that the news surfaced this way. If, however, this proves to be incorrect, we’ll let you know.
Obviously, we’ll also provide updates regarding his injury status as news circulates as well.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 59
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal