Nov 13, 2010, 11:25 PM EST
As we noted before, Tampa Bay Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier broke his hand during the team’s game against the Washington Capitals on Thursday.
The team announced that he’s expected to miss three to four weeks with the injury, but Lightning blog Raw Charge unearthed one other important detail: it sounds like Lecavalier will undergo surgery on that injured hand on Monday. It’s not clear if that surgery will alter that three to four week window, though.
Perhaps there’s a meager chance that this means Lecavalier won’t undergo surgery on Monday, but my guess is that the team or Lecavalier might just be upset that the news surfaced this way. If, however, this proves to be incorrect, we’ll let you know.
Obviously, we’ll also provide updates regarding his injury status as news circulates as well.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 12
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 72
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (74)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)