Nov 13, 2010, 11:25 PM EST
As we noted before, Tampa Bay Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier broke his hand during the team’s game against the Washington Capitals on Thursday.
The team announced that he’s expected to miss three to four weeks with the injury, but Lightning blog Raw Charge unearthed one other important detail: it sounds like Lecavalier will undergo surgery on that injured hand on Monday. It’s not clear if that surgery will alter that three to four week window, though.
Perhaps there’s a meager chance that this means Lecavalier won’t undergo surgery on Monday, but my guess is that the team or Lecavalier might just be upset that the news surfaced this way. If, however, this proves to be incorrect, we’ll let you know.
Obviously, we’ll also provide updates regarding his injury status as news circulates as well.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 1
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 13
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)