Nov 13, 2010, 8:13 PM EST
There are bad ways, good ways and downright clever ways to deal with boneheaded moments when it comes to an NHL team’s fans.
While I’m not certain what the “punishment” will be, the Boston Bruins took a small basket of hole-in-the-pillar lemons and made ingenious advertising lemonade. Or gold, even.
As you may already know, a somewhat shocking video surfaced in which a young woman kicked a hole through a pillar in one of the TD Garden’s bathrooms sometime during the Bruins’ Nov. 6 game against the St. Louis Blues. Well, apparently, that clearly decipherable young lady admitted her foolish wrongdoing to the building’s management today.
Building general manager Hugh Lombardi said Saturday night that the woman has been located. Garden officials declined to identify her, and Lombardi said they “consider the matter closed.”
Well, maybe it’s not totally closed, as the Bruins’ brilliant advertising people capitalized on the oddball publicity by adding to its quirky and often hilarious “Bruins Hockey Rules” campaign. As you can see from the video below, the team isn’t afraid to find humor in the young woman’s foolish decision. (Click here to watch more of those frequently funny commercials.)
(I must say, though, I hope that the person portraying the bear is a woman. Otherwise it might take a turn for the creepy. Just saying, folks, just saying.)
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 0
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11