Nov 13, 2010, 8:13 PM EDT
There are bad ways, good ways and downright clever ways to deal with boneheaded moments when it comes to an NHL team’s fans.
While I’m not certain what the “punishment” will be, the Boston Bruins took a small basket of hole-in-the-pillar lemons and made ingenious advertising lemonade. Or gold, even.
As you may already know, a somewhat shocking video surfaced in which a young woman kicked a hole through a pillar in one of the TD Garden’s bathrooms sometime during the Bruins’ Nov. 6 game against the St. Louis Blues. Well, apparently, that clearly decipherable young lady admitted her foolish wrongdoing to the building’s management today.
Building general manager Hugh Lombardi said Saturday night that the woman has been located. Garden officials declined to identify her, and Lombardi said they “consider the matter closed.”
Well, maybe it’s not totally closed, as the Bruins’ brilliant advertising people capitalized on the oddball publicity by adding to its quirky and often hilarious “Bruins Hockey Rules” campaign. As you can see from the video below, the team isn’t afraid to find humor in the young woman’s foolish decision. (Click here to watch more of those frequently funny commercials.)
(I must say, though, I hope that the person portraying the bear is a woman. Otherwise it might take a turn for the creepy. Just saying, folks, just saying.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5