Nov 13, 2010, 8:13 PM EDT
There are bad ways, good ways and downright clever ways to deal with boneheaded moments when it comes to an NHL team’s fans.
While I’m not certain what the “punishment” will be, the Boston Bruins took a small basket of hole-in-the-pillar lemons and made ingenious advertising lemonade. Or gold, even.
As you may already know, a somewhat shocking video surfaced in which a young woman kicked a hole through a pillar in one of the TD Garden’s bathrooms sometime during the Bruins’ Nov. 6 game against the St. Louis Blues. Well, apparently, that clearly decipherable young lady admitted her foolish wrongdoing to the building’s management today.
Building general manager Hugh Lombardi said Saturday night that the woman has been located. Garden officials declined to identify her, and Lombardi said they “consider the matter closed.”
Well, maybe it’s not totally closed, as the Bruins’ brilliant advertising people capitalized on the oddball publicity by adding to its quirky and often hilarious “Bruins Hockey Rules” campaign. As you can see from the video below, the team isn’t afraid to find humor in the young woman’s foolish decision. (Click here to watch more of those frequently funny commercials.)
(I must say, though, I hope that the person portraying the bear is a woman. Otherwise it might take a turn for the creepy. Just saying, folks, just saying.)
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs Day at PHT 0
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 19
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 40
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 35
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (40)