Nov 13, 2010, 8:13 PM EDT
There are bad ways, good ways and downright clever ways to deal with boneheaded moments when it comes to an NHL team’s fans.
While I’m not certain what the “punishment” will be, the Boston Bruins took a small basket of hole-in-the-pillar lemons and made ingenious advertising lemonade. Or gold, even.
As you may already know, a somewhat shocking video surfaced in which a young woman kicked a hole through a pillar in one of the TD Garden’s bathrooms sometime during the Bruins’ Nov. 6 game against the St. Louis Blues. Well, apparently, that clearly decipherable young lady admitted her foolish wrongdoing to the building’s management today.
Building general manager Hugh Lombardi said Saturday night that the woman has been located. Garden officials declined to identify her, and Lombardi said they “consider the matter closed.”
Well, maybe it’s not totally closed, as the Bruins’ brilliant advertising people capitalized on the oddball publicity by adding to its quirky and often hilarious “Bruins Hockey Rules” campaign. As you can see from the video below, the team isn’t afraid to find humor in the young woman’s foolish decision. (Click here to watch more of those frequently funny commercials.)
(I must say, though, I hope that the person portraying the bear is a woman. Otherwise it might take a turn for the creepy. Just saying, folks, just saying.)
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 22
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 24
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 11
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 74
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (74)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)