Nov 13, 2010, 10:18 PM EDT
It seems like Andrei Markov just cannot buy a break. Unless you’re making some kind of cruel play on words when it comes to injuries, that is.
In fact, this story’s photo was taken during a different injury that forced others to help him off of the ice.
According to various sources, Markov left the Montreal Canadiens’ game against the Carolina Hurricanes with what looks like a knee injury. He was helped off the ice after receiving a knee-to-knee hit from Hurricanes captain Eric Staal. (Here’s a link to the Youtube video of the hit for now, we should be able to post a working one soon.)
Markov has been dealing with a slew of injuries, including knee problems stemming from a clean hit he received from Pittsburgh Penguins ruffian Matt Cooke. Various ailments limited him to only 45 regular season games played in 2009-10 and only six of the team’s 17 games so far this season.
It’s too early for there to be any concrete word on the severity of Markov’s injury, so we’ll pass along an update once we know more.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)