Nov 13, 2010, 10:18 PM EST
It seems like Andrei Markov just cannot buy a break. Unless you’re making some kind of cruel play on words when it comes to injuries, that is.
In fact, this story’s photo was taken during a different injury that forced others to help him off of the ice.
According to various sources, Markov left the Montreal Canadiens’ game against the Carolina Hurricanes with what looks like a knee injury. He was helped off the ice after receiving a knee-to-knee hit from Hurricanes captain Eric Staal. (Here’s a link to the Youtube video of the hit for now, we should be able to post a working one soon.)
Markov has been dealing with a slew of injuries, including knee problems stemming from a clean hit he received from Pittsburgh Penguins ruffian Matt Cooke. Various ailments limited him to only 45 regular season games played in 2009-10 and only six of the team’s 17 games so far this season.
It’s too early for there to be any concrete word on the severity of Markov’s injury, so we’ll pass along an update once we know more.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 29
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)