Nov 13, 2010, 10:18 PM EDT
It seems like Andrei Markov just cannot buy a break. Unless you’re making some kind of cruel play on words when it comes to injuries, that is.
In fact, this story’s photo was taken during a different injury that forced others to help him off of the ice.
According to various sources, Markov left the Montreal Canadiens’ game against the Carolina Hurricanes with what looks like a knee injury. He was helped off the ice after receiving a knee-to-knee hit from Hurricanes captain Eric Staal. (Here’s a link to the Youtube video of the hit for now, we should be able to post a working one soon.)
Markov has been dealing with a slew of injuries, including knee problems stemming from a clean hit he received from Pittsburgh Penguins ruffian Matt Cooke. Various ailments limited him to only 45 regular season games played in 2009-10 and only six of the team’s 17 games so far this season.
It’s too early for there to be any concrete word on the severity of Markov’s injury, so we’ll pass along an update once we know more.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 19
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery