Nov 13, 2010, 10:18 PM EDT
It seems like Andrei Markov just cannot buy a break. Unless you’re making some kind of cruel play on words when it comes to injuries, that is.
In fact, this story’s photo was taken during a different injury that forced others to help him off of the ice.
According to various sources, Markov left the Montreal Canadiens’ game against the Carolina Hurricanes with what looks like a knee injury. He was helped off the ice after receiving a knee-to-knee hit from Hurricanes captain Eric Staal. (Here’s a link to the Youtube video of the hit for now, we should be able to post a working one soon.)
Markov has been dealing with a slew of injuries, including knee problems stemming from a clean hit he received from Pittsburgh Penguins ruffian Matt Cooke. Various ailments limited him to only 45 regular season games played in 2009-10 and only six of the team’s 17 games so far this season.
It’s too early for there to be any concrete word on the severity of Markov’s injury, so we’ll pass along an update once we know more.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)