Nov 12, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Who came up with the term “natural hat trick” really? It sounds cool, but it doesn’t really make much sense to me. Are other hat tricks made of synthetic materials?
Someday, an overly educated fan base will only throw all-cotton hats when a natural hat trick is scored and conversely will throw pleather hats on the ice during “unnatural” hat tricks.
Anyway, unnecessary semantics discussion aside, the Philadelphia Flyers pounded the Carolina Hurricanes last night by a humbling score of 8-1. Jeff Carter was a big part of that, scoring that natural hat trick thing I was discussing a moment ago. He scored his first goal with a little more than a minute left in the first period, then 1:54 and 5:58 into the second, even if the Flyers announcers debated whether or not he or Andrei Meszaros scored it.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)