Nov 12, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Who came up with the term “natural hat trick” really? It sounds cool, but it doesn’t really make much sense to me. Are other hat tricks made of synthetic materials?
Someday, an overly educated fan base will only throw all-cotton hats when a natural hat trick is scored and conversely will throw pleather hats on the ice during “unnatural” hat tricks.
Anyway, unnecessary semantics discussion aside, the Philadelphia Flyers pounded the Carolina Hurricanes last night by a humbling score of 8-1. Jeff Carter was a big part of that, scoring that natural hat trick thing I was discussing a moment ago. He scored his first goal with a little more than a minute left in the first period, then 1:54 and 5:58 into the second, even if the Flyers announcers debated whether or not he or Andrei Meszaros scored it.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)