Nov 12, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Who came up with the term “natural hat trick” really? It sounds cool, but it doesn’t really make much sense to me. Are other hat tricks made of synthetic materials?
Someday, an overly educated fan base will only throw all-cotton hats when a natural hat trick is scored and conversely will throw pleather hats on the ice during “unnatural” hat tricks.
Anyway, unnecessary semantics discussion aside, the Philadelphia Flyers pounded the Carolina Hurricanes last night by a humbling score of 8-1. Jeff Carter was a big part of that, scoring that natural hat trick thing I was discussing a moment ago. He scored his first goal with a little more than a minute left in the first period, then 1:54 and 5:58 into the second, even if the Flyers announcers debated whether or not he or Andrei Meszaros scored it.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)