Nov 12, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Who came up with the term “natural hat trick” really? It sounds cool, but it doesn’t really make much sense to me. Are other hat tricks made of synthetic materials?
Someday, an overly educated fan base will only throw all-cotton hats when a natural hat trick is scored and conversely will throw pleather hats on the ice during “unnatural” hat tricks.
Anyway, unnecessary semantics discussion aside, the Philadelphia Flyers pounded the Carolina Hurricanes last night by a humbling score of 8-1. Jeff Carter was a big part of that, scoring that natural hat trick thing I was discussing a moment ago. He scored his first goal with a little more than a minute left in the first period, then 1:54 and 5:58 into the second, even if the Flyers announcers debated whether or not he or Andrei Meszaros scored it.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (121)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)