Nov 12, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Mike Knuble didn’t score the most goals of the night (that would be Jeff Carter and Alexander Semin). He didn’t score the most important goal of the night. He just happened to score a goal that was such a great example of deft hands that I couldn’t help but rewinding it over and over to see it again.
For that reason, I decided to give him the Goal of the Night award.
It doesn’t hurt that I also admire Knuble’s game, though. He’s often the forgotten ingredient in some of the NHL’s most productive lines – from his time in Washington to the years he spent alongside Peter Forsberg & Co. in Philadelphia. He might not get the spotlight like Alex Ovechkin, Semin or Nicklas Backstrom, but he’s an important element of a dangerous Washington Capitals team.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)