Nov 12, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Mike Knuble didn’t score the most goals of the night (that would be Jeff Carter and Alexander Semin). He didn’t score the most important goal of the night. He just happened to score a goal that was such a great example of deft hands that I couldn’t help but rewinding it over and over to see it again.
For that reason, I decided to give him the Goal of the Night award.
It doesn’t hurt that I also admire Knuble’s game, though. He’s often the forgotten ingredient in some of the NHL’s most productive lines – from his time in Washington to the years he spent alongside Peter Forsberg & Co. in Philadelphia. He might not get the spotlight like Alex Ovechkin, Semin or Nicklas Backstrom, but he’s an important element of a dangerous Washington Capitals team.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)