Nov 12, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Mike Knuble didn’t score the most goals of the night (that would be Jeff Carter and Alexander Semin). He didn’t score the most important goal of the night. He just happened to score a goal that was such a great example of deft hands that I couldn’t help but rewinding it over and over to see it again.
For that reason, I decided to give him the Goal of the Night award.
It doesn’t hurt that I also admire Knuble’s game, though. He’s often the forgotten ingredient in some of the NHL’s most productive lines – from his time in Washington to the years he spent alongside Peter Forsberg & Co. in Philadelphia. He might not get the spotlight like Alex Ovechkin, Semin or Nicklas Backstrom, but he’s an important element of a dangerous Washington Capitals team.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)