Nov 12, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Mike Knuble didn’t score the most goals of the night (that would be Jeff Carter and Alexander Semin). He didn’t score the most important goal of the night. He just happened to score a goal that was such a great example of deft hands that I couldn’t help but rewinding it over and over to see it again.
For that reason, I decided to give him the Goal of the Night award.
It doesn’t hurt that I also admire Knuble’s game, though. He’s often the forgotten ingredient in some of the NHL’s most productive lines – from his time in Washington to the years he spent alongside Peter Forsberg & Co. in Philadelphia. He might not get the spotlight like Alex Ovechkin, Semin or Nicklas Backstrom, but he’s an important element of a dangerous Washington Capitals team.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)