Nov 12, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Mike Knuble didn’t score the most goals of the night (that would be Jeff Carter and Alexander Semin). He didn’t score the most important goal of the night. He just happened to score a goal that was such a great example of deft hands that I couldn’t help but rewinding it over and over to see it again.
For that reason, I decided to give him the Goal of the Night award.
It doesn’t hurt that I also admire Knuble’s game, though. He’s often the forgotten ingredient in some of the NHL’s most productive lines – from his time in Washington to the years he spent alongside Peter Forsberg & Co. in Philadelphia. He might not get the spotlight like Alex Ovechkin, Semin or Nicklas Backstrom, but he’s an important element of a dangerous Washington Capitals team.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25