Nov 12, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
There’s quite a bit of good news (for once) when it comes to the woeful New Jersey Devils, although even that bit is sprinkled with a bit of a downer.
The Devils announced that Martin Brodeur will return to action tonight along with forward Brian Rolston. Unfortunately, the team also reports that Jamie Langenbrunner will miss the game with an upper-body injury.
Brodeur missed two games with a bruised right elbow he suffered during a game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Rolston is hoping to bounce back from a sports hernia surgery/injury situation that sidelined him since the second game of the season. Meanwhile, Langenbrunner is sore after going hard into the boards during Wednesday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
The team released a good guess regarding what the team’s lineup will look like tonight.
Ilya Kovalchuk Travis Zajac Alexander Vasyunov
Patrik Elias Jason Arnott Mattias Tedenby
Brian Rolston Dainius Zubrus David Clarkson
Rod Pelley Adam Mair Stephen Gionta
Defense: Andy Greene-Anton Volchenkov, Colin White-Henrik Tallinder, Matt Taormina-Anssi Salmela
Martin Brodeur, Johan Hedberg
Can the Devils begin to get back on track at home? It’s certainly a golden opportunity, as they host the almost-equally-hapless Oilers tonight in Newark. Their odds certainly improve with a semi-healthy Brodeur in net, that’s for sure.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 20
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 23
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)