Nov 12, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
There’s quite a bit of good news (for once) when it comes to the woeful New Jersey Devils, although even that bit is sprinkled with a bit of a downer.
The Devils announced that Martin Brodeur will return to action tonight along with forward Brian Rolston. Unfortunately, the team also reports that Jamie Langenbrunner will miss the game with an upper-body injury.
Brodeur missed two games with a bruised right elbow he suffered during a game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Rolston is hoping to bounce back from a sports hernia surgery/injury situation that sidelined him since the second game of the season. Meanwhile, Langenbrunner is sore after going hard into the boards during Wednesday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
The team released a good guess regarding what the team’s lineup will look like tonight.
Ilya Kovalchuk Travis Zajac Alexander Vasyunov
Patrik Elias Jason Arnott Mattias Tedenby
Brian Rolston Dainius Zubrus David Clarkson
Rod Pelley Adam Mair Stephen Gionta
Defense: Andy Greene-Anton Volchenkov, Colin White-Henrik Tallinder, Matt Taormina-Anssi Salmela
Martin Brodeur, Johan Hedberg
Can the Devils begin to get back on track at home? It’s certainly a golden opportunity, as they host the almost-equally-hapless Oilers tonight in Newark. Their odds certainly improve with a semi-healthy Brodeur in net, that’s for sure.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)