Nov 12, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
There’s quite a bit of good news (for once) when it comes to the woeful New Jersey Devils, although even that bit is sprinkled with a bit of a downer.
The Devils announced that Martin Brodeur will return to action tonight along with forward Brian Rolston. Unfortunately, the team also reports that Jamie Langenbrunner will miss the game with an upper-body injury.
Brodeur missed two games with a bruised right elbow he suffered during a game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Rolston is hoping to bounce back from a sports hernia surgery/injury situation that sidelined him since the second game of the season. Meanwhile, Langenbrunner is sore after going hard into the boards during Wednesday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
The team released a good guess regarding what the team’s lineup will look like tonight.
Ilya Kovalchuk Travis Zajac Alexander Vasyunov
Patrik Elias Jason Arnott Mattias Tedenby
Brian Rolston Dainius Zubrus David Clarkson
Rod Pelley Adam Mair Stephen Gionta
Defense: Andy Greene-Anton Volchenkov, Colin White-Henrik Tallinder, Matt Taormina-Anssi Salmela
Martin Brodeur, Johan Hedberg
Can the Devils begin to get back on track at home? It’s certainly a golden opportunity, as they host the almost-equally-hapless Oilers tonight in Newark. Their odds certainly improve with a semi-healthy Brodeur in net, that’s for sure.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)