Nov 12, 2010, 3:48 PM EST
There’s quite a bit of good news (for once) when it comes to the woeful New Jersey Devils, although even that bit is sprinkled with a bit of a downer.
The Devils announced that Martin Brodeur will return to action tonight along with forward Brian Rolston. Unfortunately, the team also reports that Jamie Langenbrunner will miss the game with an upper-body injury.
Brodeur missed two games with a bruised right elbow he suffered during a game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Rolston is hoping to bounce back from a sports hernia surgery/injury situation that sidelined him since the second game of the season. Meanwhile, Langenbrunner is sore after going hard into the boards during Wednesday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
The team released a good guess regarding what the team’s lineup will look like tonight.
Ilya Kovalchuk Travis Zajac Alexander Vasyunov
Patrik Elias Jason Arnott Mattias Tedenby
Brian Rolston Dainius Zubrus David Clarkson
Rod Pelley Adam Mair Stephen Gionta
Defense: Andy Greene-Anton Volchenkov, Colin White-Henrik Tallinder, Matt Taormina-Anssi Salmela
Martin Brodeur, Johan Hedberg
Can the Devils begin to get back on track at home? It’s certainly a golden opportunity, as they host the almost-equally-hapless Oilers tonight in Newark. Their odds certainly improve with a semi-healthy Brodeur in net, that’s for sure.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 0
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 20
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)