Nov 12, 2010, 3:48 PM EST
There’s quite a bit of good news (for once) when it comes to the woeful New Jersey Devils, although even that bit is sprinkled with a bit of a downer.
The Devils announced that Martin Brodeur will return to action tonight along with forward Brian Rolston. Unfortunately, the team also reports that Jamie Langenbrunner will miss the game with an upper-body injury.
Brodeur missed two games with a bruised right elbow he suffered during a game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Rolston is hoping to bounce back from a sports hernia surgery/injury situation that sidelined him since the second game of the season. Meanwhile, Langenbrunner is sore after going hard into the boards during Wednesday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
The team released a good guess regarding what the team’s lineup will look like tonight.
Ilya Kovalchuk Travis Zajac Alexander Vasyunov
Patrik Elias Jason Arnott Mattias Tedenby
Brian Rolston Dainius Zubrus David Clarkson
Rod Pelley Adam Mair Stephen Gionta
Defense: Andy Greene-Anton Volchenkov, Colin White-Henrik Tallinder, Matt Taormina-Anssi Salmela
Martin Brodeur, Johan Hedberg
Can the Devils begin to get back on track at home? It’s certainly a golden opportunity, as they host the almost-equally-hapless Oilers tonight in Newark. Their odds certainly improve with a semi-healthy Brodeur in net, that’s for sure.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)