Nov 11, 2010, 10:27 PM EDT
Various outlets – including RDS and The NHL Network’s On the Fly – are reporting that Tampa Bay Lightning captain Vincent Lecavalier is expected to miss three to four weeks with a broken hand. It’s believed that Lecavalier injured his hand during the second period of tonight’s 6-3 loss to the Washington Capitals.
On some level, the Lightning have already transitioned from being Lecavalier’s team to being fronted by red-hot sophomore Steve Stamkos. While the second year Stamkos is setting the league on fire with an NHL-leading 14 goals, Lecavalier quietly put up a solid three goals and six assists for nine points and a -3 rating in 13 games this season.
While he might not be the team’s leading scorer any longer, he’s still a big, talented player and vital cog as the Lightning captain. This injury will be tough to take, especially since there is no return date set for Simon Gagne.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 60
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 61
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)