Nov 11, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Awful news out St. Louis today: valuable forward T.J. Oshie will reportedly miss at least three months of action after breaking his ankle, according to TSN. He suffered the injury after trying to get the puck from Columbus Blue Jackets forward Jakub Voracek, as you can see in the video at the bottom of this post.
As Joe mentioned last night, the injury required surgery, which Oshie apparently underwent sometime today.
This is huge blow to the Blues, as Oshie was one of the most reliable sources of offense on a team that generates points by committee. After earning 48 points in his sophomore season, it looked like Oshie was primed to blow away that career high as he already had one goal and nine assists for 10 points in 13 games this season. Obviously, that objective will be much harder to meet now that he’ll miss a huge part of the 2010-11 campaign.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong says he will be reevaluated in three months, so the ankle injury/surgery could actually keep him out quite a bit longer. It’s tough news for a Blues team that stormed out of the gate but will face a tough November and is getting slammed with injury after injury.
Then again, if they can fight through all of these problems, the Blues might have something special on their hands.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)