Nov 11, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
Awful news out St. Louis today: valuable forward T.J. Oshie will reportedly miss at least three months of action after breaking his ankle, according to TSN. He suffered the injury after trying to get the puck from Columbus Blue Jackets forward Jakub Voracek, as you can see in the video at the bottom of this post.
As Joe mentioned last night, the injury required surgery, which Oshie apparently underwent sometime today.
This is huge blow to the Blues, as Oshie was one of the most reliable sources of offense on a team that generates points by committee. After earning 48 points in his sophomore season, it looked like Oshie was primed to blow away that career high as he already had one goal and nine assists for 10 points in 13 games this season. Obviously, that objective will be much harder to meet now that he’ll miss a huge part of the 2010-11 campaign.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong says he will be reevaluated in three months, so the ankle injury/surgery could actually keep him out quite a bit longer. It’s tough news for a Blues team that stormed out of the gate but will face a tough November and is getting slammed with injury after injury.
Then again, if they can fight through all of these problems, the Blues might have something special on their hands.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)