Nov 11, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Awful news out St. Louis today: valuable forward T.J. Oshie will reportedly miss at least three months of action after breaking his ankle, according to TSN. He suffered the injury after trying to get the puck from Columbus Blue Jackets forward Jakub Voracek, as you can see in the video at the bottom of this post.
As Joe mentioned last night, the injury required surgery, which Oshie apparently underwent sometime today.
This is huge blow to the Blues, as Oshie was one of the most reliable sources of offense on a team that generates points by committee. After earning 48 points in his sophomore season, it looked like Oshie was primed to blow away that career high as he already had one goal and nine assists for 10 points in 13 games this season. Obviously, that objective will be much harder to meet now that he’ll miss a huge part of the 2010-11 campaign.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong says he will be reevaluated in three months, so the ankle injury/surgery could actually keep him out quite a bit longer. It’s tough news for a Blues team that stormed out of the gate but will face a tough November and is getting slammed with injury after injury.
Then again, if they can fight through all of these problems, the Blues might have something special on their hands.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)