Nov 11, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
Awful news out St. Louis today: valuable forward T.J. Oshie will reportedly miss at least three months of action after breaking his ankle, according to TSN. He suffered the injury after trying to get the puck from Columbus Blue Jackets forward Jakub Voracek, as you can see in the video at the bottom of this post.
As Joe mentioned last night, the injury required surgery, which Oshie apparently underwent sometime today.
This is huge blow to the Blues, as Oshie was one of the most reliable sources of offense on a team that generates points by committee. After earning 48 points in his sophomore season, it looked like Oshie was primed to blow away that career high as he already had one goal and nine assists for 10 points in 13 games this season. Obviously, that objective will be much harder to meet now that he’ll miss a huge part of the 2010-11 campaign.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong says he will be reevaluated in three months, so the ankle injury/surgery could actually keep him out quite a bit longer. It’s tough news for a Blues team that stormed out of the gate but will face a tough November and is getting slammed with injury after injury.
Then again, if they can fight through all of these problems, the Blues might have something special on their hands.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 14
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)