Nov 11, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Awful news out St. Louis today: valuable forward T.J. Oshie will reportedly miss at least three months of action after breaking his ankle, according to TSN. He suffered the injury after trying to get the puck from Columbus Blue Jackets forward Jakub Voracek, as you can see in the video at the bottom of this post.
As Joe mentioned last night, the injury required surgery, which Oshie apparently underwent sometime today.
This is huge blow to the Blues, as Oshie was one of the most reliable sources of offense on a team that generates points by committee. After earning 48 points in his sophomore season, it looked like Oshie was primed to blow away that career high as he already had one goal and nine assists for 10 points in 13 games this season. Obviously, that objective will be much harder to meet now that he’ll miss a huge part of the 2010-11 campaign.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong says he will be reevaluated in three months, so the ankle injury/surgery could actually keep him out quite a bit longer. It’s tough news for a Blues team that stormed out of the gate but will face a tough November and is getting slammed with injury after injury.
Then again, if they can fight through all of these problems, the Blues might have something special on their hands.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)