Nov 11, 2010, 11:59 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at the first eight of 10 games tonight.
Ondrej Pavelec made 25 saves to help the Atlanta Thrashers win this one easily. They cruised to a 3-0 lead going into the third and took care of business with a 2-1 third. The Dustin Byfuglien experiment continues to work as he earned two assists in this one.
These two teams followed the storyline for most of their storied histories, with the Habs beating the Bruins 3-1. Carey Price (34 out of 35 saves) and Tuukka Rask (38 out of 41) both played well, but Price won the day.
Martin Biron beat Jhonas Enroth in a battle of backups in overtime, stopping 29 out of 31 shots to Enroth’s 25 out of 28. While the story leading into this game was the return of Marian Gaborik, Artem Anisimov was the dominate force for the Rangers with two goals, including the game-winner.
Jeff Carter earned a natural hat trick while Danny Briere scored two goals and one assist to help the Philadelphia Flyers pound the Carolina Hurricanes by seven tonight. Sergei Bobrovsky earned yet another win (9) to keep close to Michal Neuvirth in the games won (10) for the lead among rookies. Meanwhile, the Hurricanes’ two goalies had mirror image miseries tonight, as they both allowed four goals on 13 shots.
After barely beating the Oilers once and losing a close one to them the other time, the Red Wings finally reached a logical conclusion by embarrassing Edmonton in this contest. Both Danny Cleary and Tomas Holmstrom had two goals while Jimmy Howard earned the win.
It’s a shame that the Blues will do without T.J. Oshie for three months, but don’t expect their Central Division foes won’t do them any favors. Marcel Goc scored in the fourth round of the shootout to help Nashville earn the charity point over St. Louis.
What’s the best way to stop the Senators’ winning streak? Start Pascal Leclaire.
OK, that’s a little harsh, but the troubled starter-turned-backup allowed six goals on 33 shots while Roberto Luongo stopped 31 out of 33. American hero and gaming enthusiast Ryan Kesler led the way with two goals.
Again, summaries of the last two games will come tomorrow.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)