Nov 11, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
It’s been a tough couple years for the Sutter family in Calgary, but this off-ice incident is more embarrassing than any tough night on the scoreboard.
According to various sources including the Calgary Herald, Flames center Brett Sutter was arrested at 2 a.m. last night outside the Scottsdale, Arizona bar called American Junkie. He was arrested and charged with assault after an alleged bar fight.
According to an arrest report from the Scottsdale police, Sutter, 23, was booked and charged with assault after being arrested at 2 a.m. Thursday outside the bar American Junkie.
He was released on bond an hour after being booked.
Police allege Sutter punched a patron outside the bar.
The Flames released a statement saying that they are aware of the incident and then uttered a standard no comment message regarding any details on the matter. We will keep you updated if any more information is released or if the team/league decides to take any disciplinary action against Sutter.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)