Nov 11, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
It’s been a tough couple years for the Sutter family in Calgary, but this off-ice incident is more embarrassing than any tough night on the scoreboard.
According to various sources including the Calgary Herald, Flames center Brett Sutter was arrested at 2 a.m. last night outside the Scottsdale, Arizona bar called American Junkie. He was arrested and charged with assault after an alleged bar fight.
According to an arrest report from the Scottsdale police, Sutter, 23, was booked and charged with assault after being arrested at 2 a.m. Thursday outside the bar American Junkie.
He was released on bond an hour after being booked.
Police allege Sutter punched a patron outside the bar.
The Flames released a statement saying that they are aware of the incident and then uttered a standard no comment message regarding any details on the matter. We will keep you updated if any more information is released or if the team/league decides to take any disciplinary action against Sutter.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 20
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 26
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6