Nov 11, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
It’s been a tough couple years for the Sutter family in Calgary, but this off-ice incident is more embarrassing than any tough night on the scoreboard.
According to various sources including the Calgary Herald, Flames center Brett Sutter was arrested at 2 a.m. last night outside the Scottsdale, Arizona bar called American Junkie. He was arrested and charged with assault after an alleged bar fight.
According to an arrest report from the Scottsdale police, Sutter, 23, was booked and charged with assault after being arrested at 2 a.m. Thursday outside the bar American Junkie.
He was released on bond an hour after being booked.
Police allege Sutter punched a patron outside the bar.
The Flames released a statement saying that they are aware of the incident and then uttered a standard no comment message regarding any details on the matter. We will keep you updated if any more information is released or if the team/league decides to take any disciplinary action against Sutter.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 3
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 23
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 22
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)