Nov 10, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
After going 234 games without scoring a single goal, Derek Boogaard scored the best goal of the night on Tuesday.
Unlike the last goal he scored all the way back in 2007, this one wasn’t a sloppy one scored on a near-accident. Instead, it was the hockey equivalent of a slam dunk.
Washington Capitals defenseman Tyler Sloan shied away from contact close to the blue line, allowing Boogaard to get enough of a jump to unleash a slap shot that boomed past Michal Neuvirth for one of the most stunning goals of the 2010-11 season.
The highlight of that clip might be the stunned look on Bruce Boudreau’s face. That shocking look really says it all, so I decided to grab a screen shot of it.
Sorry, coach Boudreau, but I had to capture that glance. It was just too great to let go.
Congrats to “The Boogey Man.” Let’s hope his next one is as exciting as this one was … whenever that one comes.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 18
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)