Nov 10, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
After going 234 games without scoring a single goal, Derek Boogaard scored the best goal of the night on Tuesday.
Unlike the last goal he scored all the way back in 2007, this one wasn’t a sloppy one scored on a near-accident. Instead, it was the hockey equivalent of a slam dunk.
Washington Capitals defenseman Tyler Sloan shied away from contact close to the blue line, allowing Boogaard to get enough of a jump to unleash a slap shot that boomed past Michal Neuvirth for one of the most stunning goals of the 2010-11 season.
The highlight of that clip might be the stunned look on Bruce Boudreau’s face. That shocking look really says it all, so I decided to grab a screen shot of it.
Sorry, coach Boudreau, but I had to capture that glance. It was just too great to let go.
Congrats to “The Boogey Man.” Let’s hope his next one is as exciting as this one was … whenever that one comes.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7