Nov 10, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
After going 234 games without scoring a single goal, Derek Boogaard scored the best goal of the night on Tuesday.
Unlike the last goal he scored all the way back in 2007, this one wasn’t a sloppy one scored on a near-accident. Instead, it was the hockey equivalent of a slam dunk.
Washington Capitals defenseman Tyler Sloan shied away from contact close to the blue line, allowing Boogaard to get enough of a jump to unleash a slap shot that boomed past Michal Neuvirth for one of the most stunning goals of the 2010-11 season.
The highlight of that clip might be the stunned look on Bruce Boudreau’s face. That shocking look really says it all, so I decided to grab a screen shot of it.
Sorry, coach Boudreau, but I had to capture that glance. It was just too great to let go.
Congrats to “The Boogey Man.” Let’s hope his next one is as exciting as this one was … whenever that one comes.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6