Nov 10, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
After going 234 games without scoring a single goal, Derek Boogaard scored the best goal of the night on Tuesday.
Unlike the last goal he scored all the way back in 2007, this one wasn’t a sloppy one scored on a near-accident. Instead, it was the hockey equivalent of a slam dunk.
Washington Capitals defenseman Tyler Sloan shied away from contact close to the blue line, allowing Boogaard to get enough of a jump to unleash a slap shot that boomed past Michal Neuvirth for one of the most stunning goals of the 2010-11 season.
The highlight of that clip might be the stunned look on Bruce Boudreau’s face. That shocking look really says it all, so I decided to grab a screen shot of it.
Sorry, coach Boudreau, but I had to capture that glance. It was just too great to let go.
Congrats to “The Boogey Man.” Let’s hope his next one is as exciting as this one was … whenever that one comes.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)