Nov 10, 2010, 10:29 PM EDT
If you thought losing to the Blue Jackets 8-1 would be bad news for the St. Louis Blues, it only got worse afterward when Blues head coach Davis Payne announced that forward T.J. Oshie has a broken ankle and will require surgery.
Oshie’s been a solid player so far this season for the Blues doing effective work both offensively and defensively. Oshie leads the team in scoring with ten points (a goal and nine assists) and also doing yeoman work as a match-up centerman and face off winner. As for how long Oshie will be out, we’ll likely find out more about this tomorrow.
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 0
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 9
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21