Nov 10, 2010, 10:29 PM EST
If you thought losing to the Blue Jackets 8-1 would be bad news for the St. Louis Blues, it only got worse afterward when Blues head coach Davis Payne announced that forward T.J. Oshie has a broken ankle and will require surgery.
Oshie’s been a solid player so far this season for the Blues doing effective work both offensively and defensively. Oshie leads the team in scoring with ten points (a goal and nine assists) and also doing yeoman work as a match-up centerman and face off winner. As for how long Oshie will be out, we’ll likely find out more about this tomorrow.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46