Nov 10, 2010, 10:29 PM EDT
If you thought losing to the Blue Jackets 8-1 would be bad news for the St. Louis Blues, it only got worse afterward when Blues head coach Davis Payne announced that forward T.J. Oshie has a broken ankle and will require surgery.
Oshie’s been a solid player so far this season for the Blues doing effective work both offensively and defensively. Oshie leads the team in scoring with ten points (a goal and nine assists) and also doing yeoman work as a match-up centerman and face off winner. As for how long Oshie will be out, we’ll likely find out more about this tomorrow.
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 16
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12