Nov 9, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
I was a little worried that nominating Nikolai Khabibulin twice for the same Save of the Week award might hurt his chances of winning it, but the Edmonton Oilers goalie’s two saves earned the most votes so it was all water under the digital voting bridge.
It seems like hockey fans preferred his first save, as you can see from the poll results below.
Honestly, I must agree; that first save was a thing of (accidental?) brilliance. You just don’t see many saves like that in a given week/month/season. (Check out the video at the top of this post.)
Since Khabibulin earned the top two spots, I thought I’d throw you a bonus video so check out the runner-up save at the bottom of this post. Did PHT readers choose the best of the two moments?
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25