Nov 9, 2010, 9:31 PM EST
I was a little worried that nominating Nikolai Khabibulin twice for the same Save of the Week award might hurt his chances of winning it, but the Edmonton Oilers goalie’s two saves earned the most votes so it was all water under the digital voting bridge.
It seems like hockey fans preferred his first save, as you can see from the poll results below.
Honestly, I must agree; that first save was a thing of (accidental?) brilliance. You just don’t see many saves like that in a given week/month/season. (Check out the video at the top of this post.)
Since Khabibulin earned the top two spots, I thought I’d throw you a bonus video so check out the runner-up save at the bottom of this post. Did PHT readers choose the best of the two moments?
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5