Nov 9, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
I was a little worried that nominating Nikolai Khabibulin twice for the same Save of the Week award might hurt his chances of winning it, but the Edmonton Oilers goalie’s two saves earned the most votes so it was all water under the digital voting bridge.
It seems like hockey fans preferred his first save, as you can see from the poll results below.
Honestly, I must agree; that first save was a thing of (accidental?) brilliance. You just don’t see many saves like that in a given week/month/season. (Check out the video at the top of this post.)
Since Khabibulin earned the top two spots, I thought I’d throw you a bonus video so check out the runner-up save at the bottom of this post. Did PHT readers choose the best of the two moments?
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 10
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)