Nov 9, 2010, 9:31 PM EST
I was a little worried that nominating Nikolai Khabibulin twice for the same Save of the Week award might hurt his chances of winning it, but the Edmonton Oilers goalie’s two saves earned the most votes so it was all water under the digital voting bridge.
It seems like hockey fans preferred his first save, as you can see from the poll results below.
Honestly, I must agree; that first save was a thing of (accidental?) brilliance. You just don’t see many saves like that in a given week/month/season. (Check out the video at the top of this post.)
Since Khabibulin earned the top two spots, I thought I’d throw you a bonus video so check out the runner-up save at the bottom of this post. Did PHT readers choose the best of the two moments?
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 19
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11