Nov 9, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
I was a little worried that nominating Nikolai Khabibulin twice for the same Save of the Week award might hurt his chances of winning it, but the Edmonton Oilers goalie’s two saves earned the most votes so it was all water under the digital voting bridge.
It seems like hockey fans preferred his first save, as you can see from the poll results below.
Honestly, I must agree; that first save was a thing of (accidental?) brilliance. You just don’t see many saves like that in a given week/month/season. (Check out the video at the top of this post.)
Since Khabibulin earned the top two spots, I thought I’d throw you a bonus video so check out the runner-up save at the bottom of this post. Did PHT readers choose the best of the two moments?
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)