Nov 9, 2010, 12:31 PM EDT
While the Rangers soldier on through this season without a handful of their big names, perhaps the team’s biggest name is set to make his triumphant return this week, perhaps as soon as Thursday. Last year’s leading scorer Marian Gaborik, who’s been out with a shoulder injury of late, is back on the ice and practicing with the team and is looking at possibly rejoining the starting lineup as soon as Thursday.
Gaborik said he still hopes to return to the lineup during the four-game homestand. The Rangers host the Sabres on Thursday and the Oilers on Sunday and tonight could be the 12th and last game he misses.
“It felt good and it’s fun to be getting more and more with the boys out there and with drills other than skating,” Gaborik said. “I’ll see how it feels and go day to day. It’s important to be in battles so I’m not afraid to go in the corners.”
You’d think that if Gaborik was feeling nervous about going into corners he might be a bit further off from getting on the ice. Perhaps that’s just him having flashbacks to the hit he took from Colby Armstrong that put him out. Jesse Spector from the New York Daily News finds out that Gaborik has a timetable set for getting back on the ice.
“I’m shooting for Thursday or Sunday,” said Gaborik, naming possible return dates for the first time. “I’ll know after practice tomorrow or the next day how everything goes. It’s either Thursday or Sunday.”
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)