Nov 9, 2010, 9:48 PM EST
It’s been an odd night at Madison Square Garden so far.
For one thing, the Rangers’ goal scoring has been fairly mind-blowing. Brian Boyle is transitioning from a Los Angeles Kings castoff to a jumbo-sized find, as his two goals brings his season total to seven. The most surprising tally, though, goes to Derek Boogaard. The fearsome fighter scored his first goal in 234 games and it wasn’t any accident; he slapped that puck into the top of the net to foil Michal Neuvirth. (We’ll try to track down video of that for tonight or tomorrow morning.)
But goal scoring isn’t the only area of oddness, as you can see from the fight above. While it won’t make it into many best fights compilations, it’s worth a look because of the unlikeliness of the combatants: offensive defenseman Mike Green and two-way forward Brandon Dubinsky.
Unlike in many surprising star fights so far this season, this one seemed to lack much zip. It didn’t seem particularly sloppy or passionate, as it seemed like both were tuckered out enough that it was easy for officials to break them apart.
On the bright side, it was pretty funny. Who do you think won the fight … if anyone?
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 5
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15