Nov 9, 2010, 9:48 PM EST
It’s been an odd night at Madison Square Garden so far.
For one thing, the Rangers’ goal scoring has been fairly mind-blowing. Brian Boyle is transitioning from a Los Angeles Kings castoff to a jumbo-sized find, as his two goals brings his season total to seven. The most surprising tally, though, goes to Derek Boogaard. The fearsome fighter scored his first goal in 234 games and it wasn’t any accident; he slapped that puck into the top of the net to foil Michal Neuvirth. (We’ll try to track down video of that for tonight or tomorrow morning.)
But goal scoring isn’t the only area of oddness, as you can see from the fight above. While it won’t make it into many best fights compilations, it’s worth a look because of the unlikeliness of the combatants: offensive defenseman Mike Green and two-way forward Brandon Dubinsky.
Unlike in many surprising star fights so far this season, this one seemed to lack much zip. It didn’t seem particularly sloppy or passionate, as it seemed like both were tuckered out enough that it was easy for officials to break them apart.
On the bright side, it was pretty funny. Who do you think won the fight … if anyone?
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 2
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)