Nov 8, 2010, 3:33 PM EDT
In a way that parallels their diverging seasons, the Red Wings have some good news while the Coyotes received some not-so-surprising bad news. Both of these bits come from a NHL.com report.
First, Detroit will reportedly welcome defenseman Brian Rafalski back into the fold. He’s been out of action since October 9th, because he underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on the 12th. He only played two games during this season so far, so the Red Wings should enjoy a nice bump on the power play if the talented American defenseman is reasonably close to full strength.
On the other end of the ice, Phoenix will be without captain Shane Doan as expected. He’s out on a week-to-week basis, so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that he’s been ruled out of both tonight’s game against the Red Wings and Wednesday’s match against the Blackhawks.
Doan suffered a lower-body injury during Friday’s game at Dallas, and is considered “week to week.” He did not make the trip with the team, and also has been ruled out of Wednesday’s game in Chicago.
It’s the second extended absence for Doan this season, who was suspended for three games in October.
“It’s part of hockey and it’s something I have to deal with and I will be ready to go when I come back,” Doan told the team’s website Saturday. “I hope to be back sooner than later. … We’re getting on it in a hurry here and we’ll get it going, and I’ll be back quickly.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 6
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)