Nov 8, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
There weren’t a ton of goals to choose from in last night’s four games, so it basically came down to Sam Gagner’s sprawling goal and Paul Mara’s near-buzzer-beater for the Anaheim Ducks. Since we already gave Gagner a taste of the spotlight in this post, I figured it would be good to give Mara the nod here.
The game was tied 4-4 until Mara finished on a backdoor opportunity (is there a way of writing that without it sounding at least slightly dirty? I tried … ) to give the Ducks the lead with less than seconds remaining in the game.
Now that, my friends and foes, is a tough way to lose.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 32
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 9
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)