Nov 8, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
There weren’t a ton of goals to choose from in last night’s four games, so it basically came down to Sam Gagner’s sprawling goal and Paul Mara’s near-buzzer-beater for the Anaheim Ducks. Since we already gave Gagner a taste of the spotlight in this post, I figured it would be good to give Mara the nod here.
The game was tied 4-4 until Mara finished on a backdoor opportunity (is there a way of writing that without it sounding at least slightly dirty? I tried … ) to give the Ducks the lead with less than seconds remaining in the game.
Now that, my friends and foes, is a tough way to lose.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)