Nov 8, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
There weren’t a ton of goals to choose from in last night’s four games, so it basically came down to Sam Gagner’s sprawling goal and Paul Mara’s near-buzzer-beater for the Anaheim Ducks. Since we already gave Gagner a taste of the spotlight in this post, I figured it would be good to give Mara the nod here.
The game was tied 4-4 until Mara finished on a backdoor opportunity (is there a way of writing that without it sounding at least slightly dirty? I tried … ) to give the Ducks the lead with less than seconds remaining in the game.
Now that, my friends and foes, is a tough way to lose.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1