Nov 8, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
There weren’t a ton of goals to choose from in last night’s four games, so it basically came down to Sam Gagner’s sprawling goal and Paul Mara’s near-buzzer-beater for the Anaheim Ducks. Since we already gave Gagner a taste of the spotlight in this post, I figured it would be good to give Mara the nod here.
The game was tied 4-4 until Mara finished on a backdoor opportunity (is there a way of writing that without it sounding at least slightly dirty? I tried … ) to give the Ducks the lead with less than seconds remaining in the game.
Now that, my friends and foes, is a tough way to lose.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 4
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 32
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 21
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)