Nov 8, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
There weren’t a ton of goals to choose from in last night’s four games, so it basically came down to Sam Gagner’s sprawling goal and Paul Mara’s near-buzzer-beater for the Anaheim Ducks. Since we already gave Gagner a taste of the spotlight in this post, I figured it would be good to give Mara the nod here.
The game was tied 4-4 until Mara finished on a backdoor opportunity (is there a way of writing that without it sounding at least slightly dirty? I tried … ) to give the Ducks the lead with less than seconds remaining in the game.
Now that, my friends and foes, is a tough way to lose.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)