Nov 8, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
While neither situation should leave their teams overly concerned, both New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur and Pittsburgh Penguins “backup” Brent Johnson missed practice today for their respective teams.
- In case you haven’t been following Brodeur’s injury situation, the future Hall of Famer is fighting off a bruised elbow after taking a harmless-looking shot from Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane. Tom Gulitti reports that he is day-to-day with the injury and missed practice today.
Brodeur said he would be able to play Wednesday even if he doesn’t practice Tuesday as long as he can test his elbow in Wednesday’s morning skate.
“We’ll talk about that,’ MacLean said. “We concern ourselves with his rest, so he’s getting some rest. We’ll see and we’ll evaluate that as it comes. Right now, we don’t have to make that decision.”
Colin White also is missing some time with flu symptoms that made him miss a game already while Jamie Langenbrunner returned after a break to nurse “bumps and bruises.”
- Meanwhile, Penguins backup-turned-possible-starter Brent Johnson missed today’s practice as well. (Source: Pensburgh.) Pittsburgh doesn’t play until Wednesday, so he has some time to get over whatever “sickness” is bothering him.
Evgeni Malkin has also been banged up, so getting a little rest could help the struggling Penguins.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 25
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)