Nov 8, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
While neither situation should leave their teams overly concerned, both New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur and Pittsburgh Penguins “backup” Brent Johnson missed practice today for their respective teams.
- In case you haven’t been following Brodeur’s injury situation, the future Hall of Famer is fighting off a bruised elbow after taking a harmless-looking shot from Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane. Tom Gulitti reports that he is day-to-day with the injury and missed practice today.
Brodeur said he would be able to play Wednesday even if he doesn’t practice Tuesday as long as he can test his elbow in Wednesday’s morning skate.
“We’ll talk about that,’ MacLean said. “We concern ourselves with his rest, so he’s getting some rest. We’ll see and we’ll evaluate that as it comes. Right now, we don’t have to make that decision.”
Colin White also is missing some time with flu symptoms that made him miss a game already while Jamie Langenbrunner returned after a break to nurse “bumps and bruises.”
- Meanwhile, Penguins backup-turned-possible-starter Brent Johnson missed today’s practice as well. (Source: Pensburgh.) Pittsburgh doesn’t play until Wednesday, so he has some time to get over whatever “sickness” is bothering him.
Evgeni Malkin has also been banged up, so getting a little rest could help the struggling Penguins.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)