Nov 8, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
While neither situation should leave their teams overly concerned, both New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur and Pittsburgh Penguins “backup” Brent Johnson missed practice today for their respective teams.
- In case you haven’t been following Brodeur’s injury situation, the future Hall of Famer is fighting off a bruised elbow after taking a harmless-looking shot from Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane. Tom Gulitti reports that he is day-to-day with the injury and missed practice today.
Brodeur said he would be able to play Wednesday even if he doesn’t practice Tuesday as long as he can test his elbow in Wednesday’s morning skate.
“We’ll talk about that,’ MacLean said. “We concern ourselves with his rest, so he’s getting some rest. We’ll see and we’ll evaluate that as it comes. Right now, we don’t have to make that decision.”
Colin White also is missing some time with flu symptoms that made him miss a game already while Jamie Langenbrunner returned after a break to nurse “bumps and bruises.”
- Meanwhile, Penguins backup-turned-possible-starter Brent Johnson missed today’s practice as well. (Source: Pensburgh.) Pittsburgh doesn’t play until Wednesday, so he has some time to get over whatever “sickness” is bothering him.
Evgeni Malkin has also been banged up, so getting a little rest could help the struggling Penguins.
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 0
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 16
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 21
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 62
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights