Nov 8, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
While neither situation should leave their teams overly concerned, both New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur and Pittsburgh Penguins “backup” Brent Johnson missed practice today for their respective teams.
- In case you haven’t been following Brodeur’s injury situation, the future Hall of Famer is fighting off a bruised elbow after taking a harmless-looking shot from Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane. Tom Gulitti reports that he is day-to-day with the injury and missed practice today.
Brodeur said he would be able to play Wednesday even if he doesn’t practice Tuesday as long as he can test his elbow in Wednesday’s morning skate.
“We’ll talk about that,’ MacLean said. “We concern ourselves with his rest, so he’s getting some rest. We’ll see and we’ll evaluate that as it comes. Right now, we don’t have to make that decision.”
Colin White also is missing some time with flu symptoms that made him miss a game already while Jamie Langenbrunner returned after a break to nurse “bumps and bruises.”
- Meanwhile, Penguins backup-turned-possible-starter Brent Johnson missed today’s practice as well. (Source: Pensburgh.) Pittsburgh doesn’t play until Wednesday, so he has some time to get over whatever “sickness” is bothering him.
Evgeni Malkin has also been banged up, so getting a little rest could help the struggling Penguins.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)