Nov 8, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
While neither situation should leave their teams overly concerned, both New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur and Pittsburgh Penguins “backup” Brent Johnson missed practice today for their respective teams.
- In case you haven’t been following Brodeur’s injury situation, the future Hall of Famer is fighting off a bruised elbow after taking a harmless-looking shot from Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane. Tom Gulitti reports that he is day-to-day with the injury and missed practice today.
Brodeur said he would be able to play Wednesday even if he doesn’t practice Tuesday as long as he can test his elbow in Wednesday’s morning skate.
“We’ll talk about that,’ MacLean said. “We concern ourselves with his rest, so he’s getting some rest. We’ll see and we’ll evaluate that as it comes. Right now, we don’t have to make that decision.”
Colin White also is missing some time with flu symptoms that made him miss a game already while Jamie Langenbrunner returned after a break to nurse “bumps and bruises.”
- Meanwhile, Penguins backup-turned-possible-starter Brent Johnson missed today’s practice as well. (Source: Pensburgh.) Pittsburgh doesn’t play until Wednesday, so he has some time to get over whatever “sickness” is bothering him.
Evgeni Malkin has also been banged up, so getting a little rest could help the struggling Penguins.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12