Nov 7, 2010, 5:44 PM EDT
When Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell left last night’s 4-1 win over the Nashville Predators with an upper body injury, many folks worried that Mitchell may have had his concussion issues come to rise once again. Thankfully, it turned out to be just an arm injury for the blue liner and today, Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times updates us once again to say that Mitchell’s injury is neither a break nor a fracture in his arm.
X-rays taken of defenseman Willie Mitchell, who was injured during the Kings’ 4-1 victory over Nashville on Saturday night, showed no break or fracture, but he will undergo an MRI on Monday, a team spokesman said.
Mitchell has stepped up to be one of the better defensive players on the Kings and along the blue line, he’s been an outstanding addition to a Kings team that is playing great hockey. However long Mitchell is out of the lineup will have to wait for the results of the MRI to come out to decide, but a prolonged absence could mean the return of Jake Muzzin to Los Angeles. Muzzin was sent to AHL Manchester when Drew Doughty came back after an injury. Should Mitchell miss any playing time in the short term, expect Peter Harrold to fill in on defense in the meantime.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 1
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)