Nov 7, 2010, 5:44 PM EDT
When Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell left last night’s 4-1 win over the Nashville Predators with an upper body injury, many folks worried that Mitchell may have had his concussion issues come to rise once again. Thankfully, it turned out to be just an arm injury for the blue liner and today, Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times updates us once again to say that Mitchell’s injury is neither a break nor a fracture in his arm.
X-rays taken of defenseman Willie Mitchell, who was injured during the Kings’ 4-1 victory over Nashville on Saturday night, showed no break or fracture, but he will undergo an MRI on Monday, a team spokesman said.
Mitchell has stepped up to be one of the better defensive players on the Kings and along the blue line, he’s been an outstanding addition to a Kings team that is playing great hockey. However long Mitchell is out of the lineup will have to wait for the results of the MRI to come out to decide, but a prolonged absence could mean the return of Jake Muzzin to Los Angeles. Muzzin was sent to AHL Manchester when Drew Doughty came back after an injury. Should Mitchell miss any playing time in the short term, expect Peter Harrold to fill in on defense in the meantime.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires