Nov 7, 2010, 5:44 PM EDT
When Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell left last night’s 4-1 win over the Nashville Predators with an upper body injury, many folks worried that Mitchell may have had his concussion issues come to rise once again. Thankfully, it turned out to be just an arm injury for the blue liner and today, Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times updates us once again to say that Mitchell’s injury is neither a break nor a fracture in his arm.
X-rays taken of defenseman Willie Mitchell, who was injured during the Kings’ 4-1 victory over Nashville on Saturday night, showed no break or fracture, but he will undergo an MRI on Monday, a team spokesman said.
Mitchell has stepped up to be one of the better defensive players on the Kings and along the blue line, he’s been an outstanding addition to a Kings team that is playing great hockey. However long Mitchell is out of the lineup will have to wait for the results of the MRI to come out to decide, but a prolonged absence could mean the return of Jake Muzzin to Los Angeles. Muzzin was sent to AHL Manchester when Drew Doughty came back after an injury. Should Mitchell miss any playing time in the short term, expect Peter Harrold to fill in on defense in the meantime.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 13
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 87
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)