Nov 7, 2010, 5:44 PM EDT
When Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell left last night’s 4-1 win over the Nashville Predators with an upper body injury, many folks worried that Mitchell may have had his concussion issues come to rise once again. Thankfully, it turned out to be just an arm injury for the blue liner and today, Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times updates us once again to say that Mitchell’s injury is neither a break nor a fracture in his arm.
X-rays taken of defenseman Willie Mitchell, who was injured during the Kings’ 4-1 victory over Nashville on Saturday night, showed no break or fracture, but he will undergo an MRI on Monday, a team spokesman said.
Mitchell has stepped up to be one of the better defensive players on the Kings and along the blue line, he’s been an outstanding addition to a Kings team that is playing great hockey. However long Mitchell is out of the lineup will have to wait for the results of the MRI to come out to decide, but a prolonged absence could mean the return of Jake Muzzin to Los Angeles. Muzzin was sent to AHL Manchester when Drew Doughty came back after an injury. Should Mitchell miss any playing time in the short term, expect Peter Harrold to fill in on defense in the meantime.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)