Nov 7, 2010, 5:44 PM EST
When Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell left last night’s 4-1 win over the Nashville Predators with an upper body injury, many folks worried that Mitchell may have had his concussion issues come to rise once again. Thankfully, it turned out to be just an arm injury for the blue liner and today, Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times updates us once again to say that Mitchell’s injury is neither a break nor a fracture in his arm.
X-rays taken of defenseman Willie Mitchell, who was injured during the Kings’ 4-1 victory over Nashville on Saturday night, showed no break or fracture, but he will undergo an MRI on Monday, a team spokesman said.
Mitchell has stepped up to be one of the better defensive players on the Kings and along the blue line, he’s been an outstanding addition to a Kings team that is playing great hockey. However long Mitchell is out of the lineup will have to wait for the results of the MRI to come out to decide, but a prolonged absence could mean the return of Jake Muzzin to Los Angeles. Muzzin was sent to AHL Manchester when Drew Doughty came back after an injury. Should Mitchell miss any playing time in the short term, expect Peter Harrold to fill in on defense in the meantime.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)