Nov 7, 2010, 5:07 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Philadelphia @ Washington
Philadelphia’s starter: Sergei Bobrovsky gets the start once again. This will make his seventh consecutive start for the Flyers. Safe to say the starting job is his in Philadelphia for the time being. Bobrovsky played great last night in Philly’s 2-1 win over the Islanders.
Washington’s likely starter: Rookie Braden Holtby appears likely to get the start for the Caps. For Holtby, it’ll be his first career NHL start, but he’s already got his first NHL win after coming in in relief of Michal Neuvirth the other night against Boston.
St. Louis @ NY Rangers
St. Louis starter: Ty Conklin gets the start tonight. After Jaroslav Halak played brilliantly in Boston last night, it only makes sense that Conklin gives him a breather tonight. For the sparingly used Conklin, it hasn’t affected his play at all as he’s been outstanding this season. Perhaps great goaltending is contagious.
NY Rangers starter: Martin Biron gets the nod in goal for the Rangers. He’ll need to play better if he’s going to be able to spell starter Henrik Lundqvist with more regularity so King Henrik can get a break now and then.
Edmonton @ Chicago
Edmonton’s starter: Nikolai Khabibulin will start tonight for the Oilers. He’s their go-to guy no matter what and with not having played since Friday night against Detroit, it only makes sense that he goes tonight.
Chicago’s likely starter: Corey Crawford is shaping up to be the guy to get the nod tonight. Crawford hasn’t played since October 29th and with Chicago having played last night in Atlanta with Marty Turco getting the start there, it would make sense. We’ll update you once we get a confirmation either way.
Update: Tim Sassone confirms that Crawford gets the start.
Nashville @ Anaheim
Nashville’s starter: Anders Lindback will get the start in goal for the road-weary Predators. Last night saw starting goalie Pekka Rinne have a hard time handling the Kings offensive attack and he was pulled in favor of Lindback. Tonight, Lindback gets to see what he can do for a full 60 minutes against the Ducks.
Anaheim’s likely starter: Jonas Hiller should get the start in goal tonight for Anaheim. The Ducks last played against Pittsburgh on Friday and Hiller played outstanding. He’s their workhorse in goal and there’s no reason to think he won’t get the start.
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 4
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)