Nov 7, 2010, 1:50 AM EDT
While the Blackhawks got a bit of a rough break last night seeing rookie Jeremy Morin leave last night’s game against Atlanta, it turns out they’ll be getting back a far more integral part of their team on Sunday. Big time scoring winger Marian Hossa appears that he’ll be ready to play when the team heads back to Chicago to play the Oilers on Sunday night.
Winger Marian Hossa, who hasn’t played since suffering an upper-body injury Oct. 27 against the Los Angeles Kings, is expected to return. Before being injured when he collided with the Kings’ Jarret Stoll along the boards, Hossa was arguably the Hawks’ top player this season with seven goals and four assists in 11 games.
Hossa’s stats while he was in the lineup for Chicago were, to say the least, awesome. Now with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane starting to pick things up offensively, the woes the Blackhawks had been dealing with might start fading away fast. Hossa had been playing like the player we remember seeing during his 40-goal season in Detroit and seasons past in Atlanta and Ottawa: A force to be reckoned with and a goal-scoring threat every time he’s on the ice.
Perhaps the fretting and worrying in Chicago wasn’t quite so necessary so early on.
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 6
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 8
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)