Nov 7, 2010, 1:50 AM EDT
While the Blackhawks got a bit of a rough break last night seeing rookie Jeremy Morin leave last night’s game against Atlanta, it turns out they’ll be getting back a far more integral part of their team on Sunday. Big time scoring winger Marian Hossa appears that he’ll be ready to play when the team heads back to Chicago to play the Oilers on Sunday night.
Winger Marian Hossa, who hasn’t played since suffering an upper-body injury Oct. 27 against the Los Angeles Kings, is expected to return. Before being injured when he collided with the Kings’ Jarret Stoll along the boards, Hossa was arguably the Hawks’ top player this season with seven goals and four assists in 11 games.
Hossa’s stats while he was in the lineup for Chicago were, to say the least, awesome. Now with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane starting to pick things up offensively, the woes the Blackhawks had been dealing with might start fading away fast. Hossa had been playing like the player we remember seeing during his 40-goal season in Detroit and seasons past in Atlanta and Ottawa: A force to be reckoned with and a goal-scoring threat every time he’s on the ice.
Perhaps the fretting and worrying in Chicago wasn’t quite so necessary so early on.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)