Nov 7, 2010, 1:50 AM EDT
While the Blackhawks got a bit of a rough break last night seeing rookie Jeremy Morin leave last night’s game against Atlanta, it turns out they’ll be getting back a far more integral part of their team on Sunday. Big time scoring winger Marian Hossa appears that he’ll be ready to play when the team heads back to Chicago to play the Oilers on Sunday night.
Winger Marian Hossa, who hasn’t played since suffering an upper-body injury Oct. 27 against the Los Angeles Kings, is expected to return. Before being injured when he collided with the Kings’ Jarret Stoll along the boards, Hossa was arguably the Hawks’ top player this season with seven goals and four assists in 11 games.
Hossa’s stats while he was in the lineup for Chicago were, to say the least, awesome. Now with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane starting to pick things up offensively, the woes the Blackhawks had been dealing with might start fading away fast. Hossa had been playing like the player we remember seeing during his 40-goal season in Detroit and seasons past in Atlanta and Ottawa: A force to be reckoned with and a goal-scoring threat every time he’s on the ice.
Perhaps the fretting and worrying in Chicago wasn’t quite so necessary so early on.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 0
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 3
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 20
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 53
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control