Nov 7, 2010, 1:50 AM EST
While the Blackhawks got a bit of a rough break last night seeing rookie Jeremy Morin leave last night’s game against Atlanta, it turns out they’ll be getting back a far more integral part of their team on Sunday. Big time scoring winger Marian Hossa appears that he’ll be ready to play when the team heads back to Chicago to play the Oilers on Sunday night.
Winger Marian Hossa, who hasn’t played since suffering an upper-body injury Oct. 27 against the Los Angeles Kings, is expected to return. Before being injured when he collided with the Kings’ Jarret Stoll along the boards, Hossa was arguably the Hawks’ top player this season with seven goals and four assists in 11 games.
Hossa’s stats while he was in the lineup for Chicago were, to say the least, awesome. Now with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane starting to pick things up offensively, the woes the Blackhawks had been dealing with might start fading away fast. Hossa had been playing like the player we remember seeing during his 40-goal season in Detroit and seasons past in Atlanta and Ottawa: A force to be reckoned with and a goal-scoring threat every time he’s on the ice.
Perhaps the fretting and worrying in Chicago wasn’t quite so necessary so early on.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)