Nov 7, 2010, 1:50 AM EDT
While the Blackhawks got a bit of a rough break last night seeing rookie Jeremy Morin leave last night’s game against Atlanta, it turns out they’ll be getting back a far more integral part of their team on Sunday. Big time scoring winger Marian Hossa appears that he’ll be ready to play when the team heads back to Chicago to play the Oilers on Sunday night.
Winger Marian Hossa, who hasn’t played since suffering an upper-body injury Oct. 27 against the Los Angeles Kings, is expected to return. Before being injured when he collided with the Kings’ Jarret Stoll along the boards, Hossa was arguably the Hawks’ top player this season with seven goals and four assists in 11 games.
Hossa’s stats while he was in the lineup for Chicago were, to say the least, awesome. Now with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane starting to pick things up offensively, the woes the Blackhawks had been dealing with might start fading away fast. Hossa had been playing like the player we remember seeing during his 40-goal season in Detroit and seasons past in Atlanta and Ottawa: A force to be reckoned with and a goal-scoring threat every time he’s on the ice.
Perhaps the fretting and worrying in Chicago wasn’t quite so necessary so early on.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 15
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 69
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 91
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)