Nov 6, 2010, 7:49 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Nashville @ Los Angeles
Nashville’s likely starter: Pekka Rinne is the Predators horse in goal, and with the Preds on the front end of back-to-back game nights, expect Rinne to get the start against the Kings tonight and perhaps see Anders Lindback against Anaheim tomorrow.
Los Angeles’ likely starter: Jonathan Bernier gets the nod for the Kings. Bernier is helping keep starter Jon Quick sharp by playing pretty well himself when he does get a chance to start.
Detroit @ Vancouver
Detroit’s likely starter: Jimmy Howard gets the start once again after earning a 3-1 win over Edmonton last night. Howard’s been very good to start the year for Detroit, killing any worries about a letdown this year in his second full professional season.
Vancouver’s likely starter: Roberto Luongo figures to get the nod tonight after getting the night off on Thursday against Colorado. If Luongo doesn’t play tonight, we’ll eat our hat.
Tampa Bay @ San Jose
Tampa Bay’s likely starter:
Looks like Dan Ellis gets the start against the Sharks tonight. Ellis earned a shutout against Phoenix recently and he and Mike Smith have been trading starts on and off so far this year.
Update (8:40 pm): Never mind. It looks like Smith gets the nod.
San Jose’s likely starter: Antero Niittymaki gets the start tonight against his former team. Niittymaki has been good this season for San Jose, but his main concern tonight is that his teammates can score a goal at all as the Sharks have been shutout in their last two games.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 2
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)