Nov 6, 2010, 7:49 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Nashville @ Los Angeles
Nashville’s likely starter: Pekka Rinne is the Predators horse in goal, and with the Preds on the front end of back-to-back game nights, expect Rinne to get the start against the Kings tonight and perhaps see Anders Lindback against Anaheim tomorrow.
Los Angeles’ likely starter: Jonathan Bernier gets the nod for the Kings. Bernier is helping keep starter Jon Quick sharp by playing pretty well himself when he does get a chance to start.
Detroit @ Vancouver
Detroit’s likely starter: Jimmy Howard gets the start once again after earning a 3-1 win over Edmonton last night. Howard’s been very good to start the year for Detroit, killing any worries about a letdown this year in his second full professional season.
Vancouver’s likely starter: Roberto Luongo figures to get the nod tonight after getting the night off on Thursday against Colorado. If Luongo doesn’t play tonight, we’ll eat our hat.
Tampa Bay @ San Jose
Tampa Bay’s likely starter:
Looks like Dan Ellis gets the start against the Sharks tonight. Ellis earned a shutout against Phoenix recently and he and Mike Smith have been trading starts on and off so far this year.
Update (8:40 pm): Never mind. It looks like Smith gets the nod.
San Jose’s likely starter: Antero Niittymaki gets the start tonight against his former team. Niittymaki has been good this season for San Jose, but his main concern tonight is that his teammates can score a goal at all as the Sharks have been shutout in their last two games.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 1
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)