Nov 6, 2010, 7:49 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Nashville @ Los Angeles
Nashville’s likely starter: Pekka Rinne is the Predators horse in goal, and with the Preds on the front end of back-to-back game nights, expect Rinne to get the start against the Kings tonight and perhaps see Anders Lindback against Anaheim tomorrow.
Los Angeles’ likely starter: Jonathan Bernier gets the nod for the Kings. Bernier is helping keep starter Jon Quick sharp by playing pretty well himself when he does get a chance to start.
Detroit @ Vancouver
Detroit’s likely starter: Jimmy Howard gets the start once again after earning a 3-1 win over Edmonton last night. Howard’s been very good to start the year for Detroit, killing any worries about a letdown this year in his second full professional season.
Vancouver’s likely starter: Roberto Luongo figures to get the nod tonight after getting the night off on Thursday against Colorado. If Luongo doesn’t play tonight, we’ll eat our hat.
Tampa Bay @ San Jose
Tampa Bay’s likely starter:
Looks like Dan Ellis gets the start against the Sharks tonight. Ellis earned a shutout against Phoenix recently and he and Mike Smith have been trading starts on and off so far this year.
Update (8:40 pm): Never mind. It looks like Smith gets the nod.
San Jose’s likely starter: Antero Niittymaki gets the start tonight against his former team. Niittymaki has been good this season for San Jose, but his main concern tonight is that his teammates can score a goal at all as the Sharks have been shutout in their last two games.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)