Nov 6, 2010, 11:58 PM EDT
Tonight’s heavy NHL schedule has seen a host of injuries go down this evening. Here’s a quick check on who went down and out tonight.
Boston’s David Krejci took a wicked hit in overtime from Blues forward T.J. Oshie which put him down on the ice and lead to him hitting his head on the boards. Krejci was helped from the ice and did not return to the game or the shootout in Boston’s 2-1 loss. After the game, CSN-NE’s Joe Haggerty says that a source tells him that Krejci was exhibiting signs of a concussion after the game but a Bruins player says that he should be OK. We shall see.
In Atlanta tonight, Chicago’s Jeremy Morin left the game after taking a shot off his leg in the second period. Morin did try to skate on it in the third and played one shift but did not return to the game after that. The loss of Morin will be offset by the return of Marian Hossa tomorrow.
In Phoenix, Shane Doan and Ed Jovanovski missed tonight’s game with Pittsburgh with separate ailments. Doan was injured in the Coyotes previous game and is listed as being week-to-week with a lower body injury. Meanwhile, Jovanovski missed the game with the flu. Clearly, Jovo Cop’s immune system cannot handle scoring goals.
In Los Angeles, Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell left the game with an upper body injury and has not returned. Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times tweets that it’s not a concussion for Mitchell, who has a long history of concussions in his career. Instead, it’s an arm injury for the defensive defenseman.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)