Nov 6, 2010, 11:58 PM EDT
Tonight’s heavy NHL schedule has seen a host of injuries go down this evening. Here’s a quick check on who went down and out tonight.
Boston’s David Krejci took a wicked hit in overtime from Blues forward T.J. Oshie which put him down on the ice and lead to him hitting his head on the boards. Krejci was helped from the ice and did not return to the game or the shootout in Boston’s 2-1 loss. After the game, CSN-NE’s Joe Haggerty says that a source tells him that Krejci was exhibiting signs of a concussion after the game but a Bruins player says that he should be OK. We shall see.
In Atlanta tonight, Chicago’s Jeremy Morin left the game after taking a shot off his leg in the second period. Morin did try to skate on it in the third and played one shift but did not return to the game after that. The loss of Morin will be offset by the return of Marian Hossa tomorrow.
In Phoenix, Shane Doan and Ed Jovanovski missed tonight’s game with Pittsburgh with separate ailments. Doan was injured in the Coyotes previous game and is listed as being week-to-week with a lower body injury. Meanwhile, Jovanovski missed the game with the flu. Clearly, Jovo Cop’s immune system cannot handle scoring goals.
In Los Angeles, Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell left the game with an upper body injury and has not returned. Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times tweets that it’s not a concussion for Mitchell, who has a long history of concussions in his career. Instead, it’s an arm injury for the defensive defenseman.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4