Nov 6, 2010, 11:58 PM EDT
Tonight’s heavy NHL schedule has seen a host of injuries go down this evening. Here’s a quick check on who went down and out tonight.
Boston’s David Krejci took a wicked hit in overtime from Blues forward T.J. Oshie which put him down on the ice and lead to him hitting his head on the boards. Krejci was helped from the ice and did not return to the game or the shootout in Boston’s 2-1 loss. After the game, CSN-NE’s Joe Haggerty says that a source tells him that Krejci was exhibiting signs of a concussion after the game but a Bruins player says that he should be OK. We shall see.
In Atlanta tonight, Chicago’s Jeremy Morin left the game after taking a shot off his leg in the second period. Morin did try to skate on it in the third and played one shift but did not return to the game after that. The loss of Morin will be offset by the return of Marian Hossa tomorrow.
In Phoenix, Shane Doan and Ed Jovanovski missed tonight’s game with Pittsburgh with separate ailments. Doan was injured in the Coyotes previous game and is listed as being week-to-week with a lower body injury. Meanwhile, Jovanovski missed the game with the flu. Clearly, Jovo Cop’s immune system cannot handle scoring goals.
In Los Angeles, Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell left the game with an upper body injury and has not returned. Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times tweets that it’s not a concussion for Mitchell, who has a long history of concussions in his career. Instead, it’s an arm injury for the defensive defenseman.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6