Nov 6, 2010, 11:58 PM EDT
Tonight’s heavy NHL schedule has seen a host of injuries go down this evening. Here’s a quick check on who went down and out tonight.
Boston’s David Krejci took a wicked hit in overtime from Blues forward T.J. Oshie which put him down on the ice and lead to him hitting his head on the boards. Krejci was helped from the ice and did not return to the game or the shootout in Boston’s 2-1 loss. After the game, CSN-NE’s Joe Haggerty says that a source tells him that Krejci was exhibiting signs of a concussion after the game but a Bruins player says that he should be OK. We shall see.
In Atlanta tonight, Chicago’s Jeremy Morin left the game after taking a shot off his leg in the second period. Morin did try to skate on it in the third and played one shift but did not return to the game after that. The loss of Morin will be offset by the return of Marian Hossa tomorrow.
In Phoenix, Shane Doan and Ed Jovanovski missed tonight’s game with Pittsburgh with separate ailments. Doan was injured in the Coyotes previous game and is listed as being week-to-week with a lower body injury. Meanwhile, Jovanovski missed the game with the flu. Clearly, Jovo Cop’s immune system cannot handle scoring goals.
In Los Angeles, Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell left the game with an upper body injury and has not returned. Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times tweets that it’s not a concussion for Mitchell, who has a long history of concussions in his career. Instead, it’s an arm injury for the defensive defenseman.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 2
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 9
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)