Nov 4, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Ed Jovanovski has done a lot of things in his NHL career.
He played in almost 1,000 regular season games. Jovanovski helped the John Vanbiesbrouck-led Florida Panthers make a Cinderella run to the Stanley Cup Finals. He made five All-Star teams and was a big part of the Todd Bertuzzi-Markus Naslund era for the Vancouver Canucks. Most importantly, he earned the puntastic nickname “Jovocop.”
Yet he accomplished something for the first time on Wednesday night: the talented but aging defenseman scored his first career hat trick against Pekka Rinne and the Nashville Predators. While I don’t think the goals were Goal of the Night-worthy, they seem worthy of recognition.
Oh, and not for nothing, but “Jovocop” is having one of the best starts of his career, with three goals and six assists for nine points in 10 games. Curiously enough, he’s in the final season of his contract. Just saying, folks. Just saying.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)