Nov 4, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
There were some great saves last night (heck, Chris Mason made 52 saves by himself), but to me it came down to a a great split stop by Miikka Kiprusoff and a 2-on-1 desperation stick save by Jonas Gustavsson.
After a considerable amount of deliberation, I decided to give it to Gustavsson, particularly because it was such an unusual save (with the stick) and happened against deadly scorers Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom.
Click here to view the video of Kipper’s save. Did I make the right call? Let me know in the comments.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25