Nov 4, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
There were some great saves last night (heck, Chris Mason made 52 saves by himself), but to me it came down to a a great split stop by Miikka Kiprusoff and a 2-on-1 desperation stick save by Jonas Gustavsson.
After a considerable amount of deliberation, I decided to give it to Gustavsson, particularly because it was such an unusual save (with the stick) and happened against deadly scorers Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom.
Click here to view the video of Kipper’s save. Did I make the right call? Let me know in the comments.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 3
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39