Nov 4, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
There were some great saves last night (heck, Chris Mason made 52 saves by himself), but to me it came down to a a great split stop by Miikka Kiprusoff and a 2-on-1 desperation stick save by Jonas Gustavsson.
After a considerable amount of deliberation, I decided to give it to Gustavsson, particularly because it was such an unusual save (with the stick) and happened against deadly scorers Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom.
Click here to view the video of Kipper’s save. Did I make the right call? Let me know in the comments.
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 0
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 69
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 63
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)