Nov 4, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
There were some great saves last night (heck, Chris Mason made 52 saves by himself), but to me it came down to a a great split stop by Miikka Kiprusoff and a 2-on-1 desperation stick save by Jonas Gustavsson.
After a considerable amount of deliberation, I decided to give it to Gustavsson, particularly because it was such an unusual save (with the stick) and happened against deadly scorers Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom.
Click here to view the video of Kipper’s save. Did I make the right call? Let me know in the comments.
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 1
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 7
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 37
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)