Nov 4, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
There were some great saves last night (heck, Chris Mason made 52 saves by himself), but to me it came down to a a great split stop by Miikka Kiprusoff and a 2-on-1 desperation stick save by Jonas Gustavsson.
After a considerable amount of deliberation, I decided to give it to Gustavsson, particularly because it was such an unusual save (with the stick) and happened against deadly scorers Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom.
Click here to view the video of Kipper’s save. Did I make the right call? Let me know in the comments.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8