Nov 4, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
For recaps of the night’s other six games, click here.
This finishes the Calgary Flames’ five-game home stand (apparently their longest of the season) at 2-3. That being said, the Red Wings almost had to win this one, as they out-shot the Flames 33-17. Miikka Kiprusoff deserved better in this one, but Jimmy Howard earned the win despite only needing to make 16 out of 17 saves to Kipper’s 31 out of 33.
Ed Jovanovski was the unexpected star of the game, scoring his first career hat trick, including the game-winner. The Coyotes converted on two of their three power plays last night to win this one and stick with the other teams in the highly competitive Pacific Division.
Randy Carlyle and Co. might not be out of the woods altogether, but for one night, the Ducks beat one of the NHL’s hottest teams. They couldn’t keep Steve Stamkos off the score sheet (one power-play goal), but Anaheim took it in overtime. Captain Ryan Getzlaf scored a nice game-winner thanks to a nice pass by Teemu Selanne. Selanne scored two points (one goal, one assist) to move to 1,274 total, tied for 33rd all-time with Al MacInnis.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62