Nov 4, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
For recaps of the night’s other six games, click here.
This finishes the Calgary Flames’ five-game home stand (apparently their longest of the season) at 2-3. That being said, the Red Wings almost had to win this one, as they out-shot the Flames 33-17. Miikka Kiprusoff deserved better in this one, but Jimmy Howard earned the win despite only needing to make 16 out of 17 saves to Kipper’s 31 out of 33.
Ed Jovanovski was the unexpected star of the game, scoring his first career hat trick, including the game-winner. The Coyotes converted on two of their three power plays last night to win this one and stick with the other teams in the highly competitive Pacific Division.
Randy Carlyle and Co. might not be out of the woods altogether, but for one night, the Ducks beat one of the NHL’s hottest teams. They couldn’t keep Steve Stamkos off the score sheet (one power-play goal), but Anaheim took it in overtime. Captain Ryan Getzlaf scored a nice game-winner thanks to a nice pass by Teemu Selanne. Selanne scored two points (one goal, one assist) to move to 1,274 total, tied for 33rd all-time with Al MacInnis.
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)