Nov 4, 2010, 9:43 PM EDT
Sharks captain Joe Thornton might be getting a call from NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell this weekend. At 5:29 of the second period of the Sharks game against the Blues in St. Louis, Thornton exited the penalty box after serving a minor penalty for boarding and caught Blues forward David Perron with a blindside hit to the head. Thornton received a five-minute major for an illegal check to the head, and a game misconduct.
Meanwhile, the teams started scrapping with each other and Logan Couture and Alex Pietrangelo squared off in a fight. Perron would get some revenge later in the period as he scored his fifth goal of the year to give St. Louis a 2-0 lead.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6