Nov 4, 2010, 9:43 PM EDT
Sharks captain Joe Thornton might be getting a call from NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell this weekend. At 5:29 of the second period of the Sharks game against the Blues in St. Louis, Thornton exited the penalty box after serving a minor penalty for boarding and caught Blues forward David Perron with a blindside hit to the head. Thornton received a five-minute major for an illegal check to the head, and a game misconduct.
Meanwhile, the teams started scrapping with each other and Logan Couture and Alex Pietrangelo squared off in a fight. Perron would get some revenge later in the period as he scored his fifth goal of the year to give St. Louis a 2-0 lead.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 30
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5