Nov 4, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It seems like Loui Eriksson has been watching Mike Ribeiro during shootouts the last few years.
The underrated winger scored a great penalty shot goal during the Stars’ 5-2 thrashing of the Pittsburgh Penguins last night, using a move that reminded me of the one that Ribeiro perfected a few years back to frustrate many (including the Los Angeles Kings).
Eriksson finished the night with two goals and one assist, but his “full frontal lobotomy” was the highlight of a great evening for the Stars.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)