Nov 4, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
It seems like Loui Eriksson has been watching Mike Ribeiro during shootouts the last few years.
The underrated winger scored a great penalty shot goal during the Stars’ 5-2 thrashing of the Pittsburgh Penguins last night, using a move that reminded me of the one that Ribeiro perfected a few years back to frustrate many (including the Los Angeles Kings).
Eriksson finished the night with two goals and one assist, but his “full frontal lobotomy” was the highlight of a great evening for the Stars.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)