Nov 4, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
It seems like Loui Eriksson has been watching Mike Ribeiro during shootouts the last few years.
The underrated winger scored a great penalty shot goal during the Stars’ 5-2 thrashing of the Pittsburgh Penguins last night, using a move that reminded me of the one that Ribeiro perfected a few years back to frustrate many (including the Los Angeles Kings).
Eriksson finished the night with two goals and one assist, but his “full frontal lobotomy” was the highlight of a great evening for the Stars.
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 0
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 15
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)