Nov 4, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It seems like Loui Eriksson has been watching Mike Ribeiro during shootouts the last few years.
The underrated winger scored a great penalty shot goal during the Stars’ 5-2 thrashing of the Pittsburgh Penguins last night, using a move that reminded me of the one that Ribeiro perfected a few years back to frustrate many (including the Los Angeles Kings).
Eriksson finished the night with two goals and one assist, but his “full frontal lobotomy” was the highlight of a great evening for the Stars.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5