Nov 4, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
It seems like Loui Eriksson has been watching Mike Ribeiro during shootouts the last few years.
The underrated winger scored a great penalty shot goal during the Stars’ 5-2 thrashing of the Pittsburgh Penguins last night, using a move that reminded me of the one that Ribeiro perfected a few years back to frustrate many (including the Los Angeles Kings).
Eriksson finished the night with two goals and one assist, but his “full frontal lobotomy” was the highlight of a great evening for the Stars.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (58)