Nov 3, 2010, 11:55 PM EST
As the Dallas Stars announcing crew pointed out, it’s surprising just how much vitriol was on display between the Stars and Pittsburgh Penguins – two teams who rarely play against each other.
Yet as the game quickly spiraled out of control, tempers flared in a big way. Beginning with a fight between Jamie Benn and Tyler Kennedy in the waning seconds of the first period, the two teams engaged in four fights through the first two frames. The tension boiled over the most about 12 minutes into the second period, as Kris Letang fought Brenden Morrow and then Sidney Crosby dropped the gloves with Matt Niskanen.
Check out the unexpected video above. Who do you think won the fight? All I know is that it’s a lot more becoming than some of Crosby’s other scraps, as he didn’t hit Niskanen below the belt at any point.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)