Nov 3, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
As the Dallas Stars announcing crew pointed out, it’s surprising just how much vitriol was on display between the Stars and Pittsburgh Penguins – two teams who rarely play against each other.
Yet as the game quickly spiraled out of control, tempers flared in a big way. Beginning with a fight between Jamie Benn and Tyler Kennedy in the waning seconds of the first period, the two teams engaged in four fights through the first two frames. The tension boiled over the most about 12 minutes into the second period, as Kris Letang fought Brenden Morrow and then Sidney Crosby dropped the gloves with Matt Niskanen.
Check out the unexpected video above. Who do you think won the fight? All I know is that it’s a lot more becoming than some of Crosby’s other scraps, as he didn’t hit Niskanen below the belt at any point.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 6
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 22
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)