Nov 3, 2010, 11:40 PM EDT
There are three late games (Detroit-Calgary, Nashville-Phoenix and Tampa Bay-Phoenix) that we’ll recap tomorrow morning. In the mean time, enjoy summaries of the six other games of the night.
The Islanders might want to hand the reins to Dwayne Roloson for a little while. That’s because Rick DiPietro allowed seven goals on 32 shots as the Hurricanes (ahem) blew the Islanders away. Eric Staal had a goal and an assist, Sergei Samsonov produced three assists and Tom Kostopoulos had two assists and a +4 rating.
Washington brought a 3-1 lead into the third period, only to see it wash away as Toronto scored three goals in a little more than three minutes to take a stunning 4-3 lead. Alex Semin ultimately tied it up on the power play and then clinched it with a second shootout goal to give the Capitals the win.
Ryan Miller was out with an injury, but the results are similar: the Sabres are still struggling and the Bruins still seem dominant. Read about another dominant Tim Thomas performance in this post.
Chris Mason made an impressive 52 saves to help the Thrashers steal this one. Fredrik Modin scored two goals, Dustin Byfuglien tied the game up 3-3 in the third and Niclas Bergfors earned the game winner for Atlanta. Jason Garrison, Steven Reinprecht and Bryan Allen scored for the Panthers.
The Stars dominated the Penguins in a surprisingly fight-filled (more on that later tonight) and one-sided affair. Loui Eriksson scored two goals and one assist while Kari Lehtonen earned a win as Brent Johnson’s magical run hit a speed bump.
The Devils won the game, but lost Martin Brodeur (it’s just unclear how long he will be out). Here’s one strange occurrence: the Devils scored two empty-net goals – first Jamie Langenbrunner, then Andy Greene – because Viktor Stalberg scored for Chicago in between.
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 3
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 6
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)