Nov 3, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
Much like Mike Ribeiro in Dallas, Minnesota Wild forward Guillaume Latendresse thrived once he left the glaring spotlight that comes with being a member of the Montreal Canadiens.
After scoring only three points in 23 games for Montreal in 2009-10, Latendresse scored 25 goals and 12 assists to compile 37 points in 55 games in Minnesota once he was traded there for Benoit Pouliot. He seemed to back up that nice run with the Wild so far this season, scoring three goals and three assists for six points in eight games, but it sounds like he will be on the mend for the near future.
The Minnesota Wild have placed left wing Guillaume Latendresse on the injured list because of a groin injury.
Latendresse, who hasn’t played since Oct. 25, has three goals and three assists in eight games this season after signing a US $5-million, two-year contract in July to remain in Minnesota.
Groin injuries can linger for unclear amounts of time; sometimes they can nag you for months without keeping you out for lengthy periods while other times they are a problem for only a week or two.
We’ll keep you up to date regarding Latendresse’s status once news surfaces.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)