Nov 3, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
Much like Mike Ribeiro in Dallas, Minnesota Wild forward Guillaume Latendresse thrived once he left the glaring spotlight that comes with being a member of the Montreal Canadiens.
After scoring only three points in 23 games for Montreal in 2009-10, Latendresse scored 25 goals and 12 assists to compile 37 points in 55 games in Minnesota once he was traded there for Benoit Pouliot. He seemed to back up that nice run with the Wild so far this season, scoring three goals and three assists for six points in eight games, but it sounds like he will be on the mend for the near future.
The Minnesota Wild have placed left wing Guillaume Latendresse on the injured list because of a groin injury.
Latendresse, who hasn’t played since Oct. 25, has three goals and three assists in eight games this season after signing a US $5-million, two-year contract in July to remain in Minnesota.
Groin injuries can linger for unclear amounts of time; sometimes they can nag you for months without keeping you out for lengthy periods while other times they are a problem for only a week or two.
We’ll keep you up to date regarding Latendresse’s status once news surfaces.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)