Nov 3, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will be giving another part of their youth movement a chance to see what he can do on the big stage. 2009 first round pick Kyle Palmieri has been called up from AHL Syracuse and will be in the lineup at home tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Palmieri is getting his shot in the NHL thanks to Kyle Chipchura being placed on injured reserve with a concussion. There’s a big difference between the kind of game that Chipchura plays and what Palmieri can do on the ice. Palmieri has been on fire this season in the AHL with seven goals and two assists through nine games with the Crunch. If he can add some offense to the Ducks lineup he’ll instantly pay dividends for them as the Ducks are hurting for goals.
With grinder Chipchura out of the lineup, Palmieri’s role will be clearly defined to put the puck in the net. One instant benefit for Palmieri coming to the NHL is having his Team USA WJC teammate Cam Fowler there with him. It never hurts to have other young friends there to greet you when making it to the show.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)