Nov 3, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will be giving another part of their youth movement a chance to see what he can do on the big stage. 2009 first round pick Kyle Palmieri has been called up from AHL Syracuse and will be in the lineup at home tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Palmieri is getting his shot in the NHL thanks to Kyle Chipchura being placed on injured reserve with a concussion. There’s a big difference between the kind of game that Chipchura plays and what Palmieri can do on the ice. Palmieri has been on fire this season in the AHL with seven goals and two assists through nine games with the Crunch. If he can add some offense to the Ducks lineup he’ll instantly pay dividends for them as the Ducks are hurting for goals.
With grinder Chipchura out of the lineup, Palmieri’s role will be clearly defined to put the puck in the net. One instant benefit for Palmieri coming to the NHL is having his Team USA WJC teammate Cam Fowler there with him. It never hurts to have other young friends there to greet you when making it to the show.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)