Nov 3, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will be giving another part of their youth movement a chance to see what he can do on the big stage. 2009 first round pick Kyle Palmieri has been called up from AHL Syracuse and will be in the lineup at home tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Palmieri is getting his shot in the NHL thanks to Kyle Chipchura being placed on injured reserve with a concussion. There’s a big difference between the kind of game that Chipchura plays and what Palmieri can do on the ice. Palmieri has been on fire this season in the AHL with seven goals and two assists through nine games with the Crunch. If he can add some offense to the Ducks lineup he’ll instantly pay dividends for them as the Ducks are hurting for goals.
With grinder Chipchura out of the lineup, Palmieri’s role will be clearly defined to put the puck in the net. One instant benefit for Palmieri coming to the NHL is having his Team USA WJC teammate Cam Fowler there with him. It never hurts to have other young friends there to greet you when making it to the show.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona