Nov 3, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will be giving another part of their youth movement a chance to see what he can do on the big stage. 2009 first round pick Kyle Palmieri has been called up from AHL Syracuse and will be in the lineup at home tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Palmieri is getting his shot in the NHL thanks to Kyle Chipchura being placed on injured reserve with a concussion. There’s a big difference between the kind of game that Chipchura plays and what Palmieri can do on the ice. Palmieri has been on fire this season in the AHL with seven goals and two assists through nine games with the Crunch. If he can add some offense to the Ducks lineup he’ll instantly pay dividends for them as the Ducks are hurting for goals.
With grinder Chipchura out of the lineup, Palmieri’s role will be clearly defined to put the puck in the net. One instant benefit for Palmieri coming to the NHL is having his Team USA WJC teammate Cam Fowler there with him. It never hurts to have other young friends there to greet you when making it to the show.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 20
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 16
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)