Nov 3, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will be giving another part of their youth movement a chance to see what he can do on the big stage. 2009 first round pick Kyle Palmieri has been called up from AHL Syracuse and will be in the lineup at home tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Palmieri is getting his shot in the NHL thanks to Kyle Chipchura being placed on injured reserve with a concussion. There’s a big difference between the kind of game that Chipchura plays and what Palmieri can do on the ice. Palmieri has been on fire this season in the AHL with seven goals and two assists through nine games with the Crunch. If he can add some offense to the Ducks lineup he’ll instantly pay dividends for them as the Ducks are hurting for goals.
With grinder Chipchura out of the lineup, Palmieri’s role will be clearly defined to put the puck in the net. One instant benefit for Palmieri coming to the NHL is having his Team USA WJC teammate Cam Fowler there with him. It never hurts to have other young friends there to greet you when making it to the show.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)