Nov 2, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Don’t forget to vote for last week’s best save. Do so right here.
A couple weeks ago, a few skaters (Pascal Dupuis and Radek Martinek) earned save of the night honors by bailing out their goalies with deft stick work or fearless shot blocking. Another skater earned that honor tonight.
The New Jersey Devils are pretty short on great moments amid their awful start to the season, but you can’t say their defense left Martin Brodeur out to dry … at least not for most of last night. Colin White took the penalty to set up Henrik Sedin’s game of the night-worthy penalty shot but could be considered “even” after making a great play to save a goal too. That effort was good enough to earn White the save of the night.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 11
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 28
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11