Nov 2, 2010, 11:51 AM EDT
It’s a election day around the U.S. and means one thing: that you need to get out and vote.
Actually, scratch that, you don’t need to go anywhere to scratch that decisive itch; why not enjoy the comfort of your own couch, bed or pleather work seat and simply cast your votes in our Goal of the Week poll? It’s neck-and-neck race between Martin St. Louis and Magnus Paajarvi right now, so if you have a horse in that race, go ahead and make your mouse do the talking in that one.
Anyway, when it comes to our Save of the Week, the October 25-31 award wasn’t much of a contest. It’s about the equivalent to Theodore Roosevelt going up against Calvin Coolidge … or something.
As you can see from the poll below, Washington Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth blew away the competition, taking more than 90 percent of the votes.
So, as you can see, this one wasn’t very close. Did the poll get invaded by Capitals fans or was Neuvirth’s save really that much more impressive than the work by Sergei Bobrovsky and Peter Budaj? Let us know in the comments.
Oh, and vote for the Goal of the Week, why don’t you?
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)