Nov 2, 2010, 11:51 AM EDT
It’s a election day around the U.S. and means one thing: that you need to get out and vote.
Actually, scratch that, you don’t need to go anywhere to scratch that decisive itch; why not enjoy the comfort of your own couch, bed or pleather work seat and simply cast your votes in our Goal of the Week poll? It’s neck-and-neck race between Martin St. Louis and Magnus Paajarvi right now, so if you have a horse in that race, go ahead and make your mouse do the talking in that one.
Anyway, when it comes to our Save of the Week, the October 25-31 award wasn’t much of a contest. It’s about the equivalent to Theodore Roosevelt going up against Calvin Coolidge … or something.
As you can see from the poll below, Washington Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth blew away the competition, taking more than 90 percent of the votes.
So, as you can see, this one wasn’t very close. Did the poll get invaded by Capitals fans or was Neuvirth’s save really that much more impressive than the work by Sergei Bobrovsky and Peter Budaj? Let us know in the comments.
Oh, and vote for the Goal of the Week, why don’t you?
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)