Nov 2, 2010, 11:51 AM EST
It’s a election day around the U.S. and means one thing: that you need to get out and vote.
Actually, scratch that, you don’t need to go anywhere to scratch that decisive itch; why not enjoy the comfort of your own couch, bed or pleather work seat and simply cast your votes in our Goal of the Week poll? It’s neck-and-neck race between Martin St. Louis and Magnus Paajarvi right now, so if you have a horse in that race, go ahead and make your mouse do the talking in that one.
Anyway, when it comes to our Save of the Week, the October 25-31 award wasn’t much of a contest. It’s about the equivalent to Theodore Roosevelt going up against Calvin Coolidge … or something.
As you can see from the poll below, Washington Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth blew away the competition, taking more than 90 percent of the votes.
So, as you can see, this one wasn’t very close. Did the poll get invaded by Capitals fans or was Neuvirth’s save really that much more impressive than the work by Sergei Bobrovsky and Peter Budaj? Let us know in the comments.
Oh, and vote for the Goal of the Week, why don’t you?
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 132
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)