Nov 2, 2010, 11:51 AM EDT
It’s a election day around the U.S. and means one thing: that you need to get out and vote.
Actually, scratch that, you don’t need to go anywhere to scratch that decisive itch; why not enjoy the comfort of your own couch, bed or pleather work seat and simply cast your votes in our Goal of the Week poll? It’s neck-and-neck race between Martin St. Louis and Magnus Paajarvi right now, so if you have a horse in that race, go ahead and make your mouse do the talking in that one.
Anyway, when it comes to our Save of the Week, the October 25-31 award wasn’t much of a contest. It’s about the equivalent to Theodore Roosevelt going up against Calvin Coolidge … or something.
As you can see from the poll below, Washington Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth blew away the competition, taking more than 90 percent of the votes.
So, as you can see, this one wasn’t very close. Did the poll get invaded by Capitals fans or was Neuvirth’s save really that much more impressive than the work by Sergei Bobrovsky and Peter Budaj? Let us know in the comments.
Oh, and vote for the Goal of the Week, why don’t you?
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)