Nov 2, 2010, 11:51 AM EST
It’s a election day around the U.S. and means one thing: that you need to get out and vote.
Actually, scratch that, you don’t need to go anywhere to scratch that decisive itch; why not enjoy the comfort of your own couch, bed or pleather work seat and simply cast your votes in our Goal of the Week poll? It’s neck-and-neck race between Martin St. Louis and Magnus Paajarvi right now, so if you have a horse in that race, go ahead and make your mouse do the talking in that one.
Anyway, when it comes to our Save of the Week, the October 25-31 award wasn’t much of a contest. It’s about the equivalent to Theodore Roosevelt going up against Calvin Coolidge … or something.
As you can see from the poll below, Washington Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth blew away the competition, taking more than 90 percent of the votes.
So, as you can see, this one wasn’t very close. Did the poll get invaded by Capitals fans or was Neuvirth’s save really that much more impressive than the work by Sergei Bobrovsky and Peter Budaj? Let us know in the comments.
Oh, and vote for the Goal of the Week, why don’t you?
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56