Nov 2, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
It doesn’t get much closer than this.
Edmonton Oilers forward Magnus Paajarvi scored a dazzling goal that won the award by one measly vote. Check out the results below.
(click to enlarge)
As you can see from the poll, Paajarvi (12 votes) barely edged Martin St. Louis (11) and Dustin Byfuglien (11) while Andrei Kostitsyn pulled the Ross Perot/Ralph Nader role by taking a small but far from insignificant portion of the votes (1).
Ultimately, I think Paajarvi deserved the nod even though the other goals were impressive too. Tune in next week to see if we get an even better set of goals (and saves).
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 7
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 2
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)