Nov 2, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
It doesn’t get much closer than this.
Edmonton Oilers forward Magnus Paajarvi scored a dazzling goal that won the award by one measly vote. Check out the results below.
(click to enlarge)
As you can see from the poll, Paajarvi (12 votes) barely edged Martin St. Louis (11) and Dustin Byfuglien (11) while Andrei Kostitsyn pulled the Ross Perot/Ralph Nader role by taking a small but far from insignificant portion of the votes (1).
Ultimately, I think Paajarvi deserved the nod even though the other goals were impressive too. Tune in next week to see if we get an even better set of goals (and saves).
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)