Nov 2, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
It doesn’t get much closer than this.
Edmonton Oilers forward Magnus Paajarvi scored a dazzling goal that won the award by one measly vote. Check out the results below.
(click to enlarge)
As you can see from the poll, Paajarvi (12 votes) barely edged Martin St. Louis (11) and Dustin Byfuglien (11) while Andrei Kostitsyn pulled the Ross Perot/Ralph Nader role by taking a small but far from insignificant portion of the votes (1).
Ultimately, I think Paajarvi deserved the nod even though the other goals were impressive too. Tune in next week to see if we get an even better set of goals (and saves).
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5