Nov 2, 2010, 4:45 PM EST
It doesn’t get much closer than this.
Edmonton Oilers forward Magnus Paajarvi scored a dazzling goal that won the award by one measly vote. Check out the results below.
(click to enlarge)
As you can see from the poll, Paajarvi (12 votes) barely edged Martin St. Louis (11) and Dustin Byfuglien (11) while Andrei Kostitsyn pulled the Ross Perot/Ralph Nader role by taking a small but far from insignificant portion of the votes (1).
Ultimately, I think Paajarvi deserved the nod even though the other goals were impressive too. Tune in next week to see if we get an even better set of goals (and saves).
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 7
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2