Nov 2, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
It doesn’t get much closer than this.
Edmonton Oilers forward Magnus Paajarvi scored a dazzling goal that won the award by one measly vote. Check out the results below.
(click to enlarge)
As you can see from the poll, Paajarvi (12 votes) barely edged Martin St. Louis (11) and Dustin Byfuglien (11) while Andrei Kostitsyn pulled the Ross Perot/Ralph Nader role by taking a small but far from insignificant portion of the votes (1).
Ultimately, I think Paajarvi deserved the nod even though the other goals were impressive too. Tune in next week to see if we get an even better set of goals (and saves).
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54