Nov 2, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Note: Don’t forget that you still have time to vote for last week’s best goal here.
While I at least try to stay away from choosing shootout goals for these awards, penalty shots are a little different. For one thing, they take place during the actual flow of a game and therefore aren’t involved in the shameful pursuit of a “charity point.” The other big factor is that a player earns a penalty shot, which is far more impressive than a coach tapping your shoulder.
When push comes to shove, I might take a in-game breakaway over a penalty-shot goal (or a great goal against staunch defense) but Henrik Sedin’s goal against Martin Brodeur blows away the competition tonight. That penalty shot tally made it 3-0 for Vancouver, the final nail in the coffin for another embarrassing Devils defeat.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8