Nov 2, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Note: Don’t forget that you still have time to vote for last week’s best goal here.
While I at least try to stay away from choosing shootout goals for these awards, penalty shots are a little different. For one thing, they take place during the actual flow of a game and therefore aren’t involved in the shameful pursuit of a “charity point.” The other big factor is that a player earns a penalty shot, which is far more impressive than a coach tapping your shoulder.
When push comes to shove, I might take a in-game breakaway over a penalty-shot goal (or a great goal against staunch defense) but Henrik Sedin’s goal against Martin Brodeur blows away the competition tonight. That penalty shot tally made it 3-0 for Vancouver, the final nail in the coffin for another embarrassing Devils defeat.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 13
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 9
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 52
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (52)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (41)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)