Nov 2, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Note: Don’t forget that you still have time to vote for last week’s best goal here.
While I at least try to stay away from choosing shootout goals for these awards, penalty shots are a little different. For one thing, they take place during the actual flow of a game and therefore aren’t involved in the shameful pursuit of a “charity point.” The other big factor is that a player earns a penalty shot, which is far more impressive than a coach tapping your shoulder.
When push comes to shove, I might take a in-game breakaway over a penalty-shot goal (or a great goal against staunch defense) but Henrik Sedin’s goal against Martin Brodeur blows away the competition tonight. That penalty shot tally made it 3-0 for Vancouver, the final nail in the coffin for another embarrassing Devils defeat.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)