Nov 2, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
After a light three-game slate to come back from the Halloween holiday weekend, the league sports another fairly light slate of games. Here is a preview of today’s four contests.
All times are Eastern (ET).
Montreal @ Columbus
Both of these teams are surprising successes so far. The Montreal Canadiens are tied with the Philadelphia Flyers and Tampa Bay Lightning for the best record in the Eastern Conference while the Columbus Blue Jackets would make the playoffs if they started today. The question is, will the Blue Jackets shake their disturbing streak of franchise-low attendance figures tonight?
Ottawa @ Toronto
These two teams are in their predictable middling places in the Eastern Conference, although they probably should feel differently about their situations right now. After winning their first four games, the Maple Leafs are a pitiful 1-4-1. Meanwhile, the Senators have been pretty abysmal, going 1-4-1 in their first five games but are only two points behind Toronto right now.
San Jose @ Minnesota
The Sharks seem like they’re putting something together now that they finally followed the video game logic of placing all of their best forwards on the top line. The Wild haven’t been particularly potent as they’re in the middle of a five-game homestand, as they’re 1-1-1 so far. I would imagine that winning against San Jose would make them feel a lot better about themselves.
Vancouver @ Edmonton
If the struggling young Oilers could ever beat the Canucks, it would be in this situation. After all, Vancouver is 0-3-1 on the road so far this season and played against the New Jersey Devils last night. That being said, the Canucks won three games in a row – at home, obviously – so it could be that they are beginning to round into form.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25