Nov 2, 2010, 2:10 PM EST
After a light three-game slate to come back from the Halloween holiday weekend, the league sports another fairly light slate of games. Here is a preview of today’s four contests.
All times are Eastern (ET).
Montreal @ Columbus
Both of these teams are surprising successes so far. The Montreal Canadiens are tied with the Philadelphia Flyers and Tampa Bay Lightning for the best record in the Eastern Conference while the Columbus Blue Jackets would make the playoffs if they started today. The question is, will the Blue Jackets shake their disturbing streak of franchise-low attendance figures tonight?
Ottawa @ Toronto
These two teams are in their predictable middling places in the Eastern Conference, although they probably should feel differently about their situations right now. After winning their first four games, the Maple Leafs are a pitiful 1-4-1. Meanwhile, the Senators have been pretty abysmal, going 1-4-1 in their first five games but are only two points behind Toronto right now.
San Jose @ Minnesota
The Sharks seem like they’re putting something together now that they finally followed the video game logic of placing all of their best forwards on the top line. The Wild haven’t been particularly potent as they’re in the middle of a five-game homestand, as they’re 1-1-1 so far. I would imagine that winning against San Jose would make them feel a lot better about themselves.
Vancouver @ Edmonton
If the struggling young Oilers could ever beat the Canucks, it would be in this situation. After all, Vancouver is 0-3-1 on the road so far this season and played against the New Jersey Devils last night. That being said, the Canucks won three games in a row – at home, obviously – so it could be that they are beginning to round into form.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)