Nov 2, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
After a light three-game slate to come back from the Halloween holiday weekend, the league sports another fairly light slate of games. Here is a preview of today’s four contests.
All times are Eastern (ET).
Montreal @ Columbus
Both of these teams are surprising successes so far. The Montreal Canadiens are tied with the Philadelphia Flyers and Tampa Bay Lightning for the best record in the Eastern Conference while the Columbus Blue Jackets would make the playoffs if they started today. The question is, will the Blue Jackets shake their disturbing streak of franchise-low attendance figures tonight?
Ottawa @ Toronto
These two teams are in their predictable middling places in the Eastern Conference, although they probably should feel differently about their situations right now. After winning their first four games, the Maple Leafs are a pitiful 1-4-1. Meanwhile, the Senators have been pretty abysmal, going 1-4-1 in their first five games but are only two points behind Toronto right now.
San Jose @ Minnesota
The Sharks seem like they’re putting something together now that they finally followed the video game logic of placing all of their best forwards on the top line. The Wild haven’t been particularly potent as they’re in the middle of a five-game homestand, as they’re 1-1-1 so far. I would imagine that winning against San Jose would make them feel a lot better about themselves.
Vancouver @ Edmonton
If the struggling young Oilers could ever beat the Canucks, it would be in this situation. After all, Vancouver is 0-3-1 on the road so far this season and played against the New Jersey Devils last night. That being said, the Canucks won three games in a row – at home, obviously – so it could be that they are beginning to round into form.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)