Nov 2, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
After a light three-game slate to come back from the Halloween holiday weekend, the league sports another fairly light slate of games. Here is a preview of today’s four contests.
All times are Eastern (ET).
Montreal @ Columbus
Both of these teams are surprising successes so far. The Montreal Canadiens are tied with the Philadelphia Flyers and Tampa Bay Lightning for the best record in the Eastern Conference while the Columbus Blue Jackets would make the playoffs if they started today. The question is, will the Blue Jackets shake their disturbing streak of franchise-low attendance figures tonight?
Ottawa @ Toronto
These two teams are in their predictable middling places in the Eastern Conference, although they probably should feel differently about their situations right now. After winning their first four games, the Maple Leafs are a pitiful 1-4-1. Meanwhile, the Senators have been pretty abysmal, going 1-4-1 in their first five games but are only two points behind Toronto right now.
San Jose @ Minnesota
The Sharks seem like they’re putting something together now that they finally followed the video game logic of placing all of their best forwards on the top line. The Wild haven’t been particularly potent as they’re in the middle of a five-game homestand, as they’re 1-1-1 so far. I would imagine that winning against San Jose would make them feel a lot better about themselves.
Vancouver @ Edmonton
If the struggling young Oilers could ever beat the Canucks, it would be in this situation. After all, Vancouver is 0-3-1 on the road so far this season and played against the New Jersey Devils last night. That being said, the Canucks won three games in a row – at home, obviously – so it could be that they are beginning to round into form.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)