Nov 1, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
If there’s something that the Vancouver Canucks have been missing, aside from good health along the blue line, it’s the presences of all-around threat Alex Burrows. Burrows plays on the wing with the Sedin twins, he sets up on the power play, and he’s a legitimate threat to score when working on the penalty kill as well.
After going through off-season shoulder surgery, Burrows’ rehab has kept him out of action this season. That is, until tomorrow when it appears that Burrows will be set to rejoin the Canucks lineup. Gord McIntyre of the Vancouver Province gets the word from Canucks coach Alain Vigneault about Burrows’ status.
Tonight’s game marks the 10th and final game Alex Burrows has to sit out after being placed on the long-term injury reserve to start the season. He’ll play Tuesday.
“He’s fine, he’s ready to go,” Vigneault said. “I would not dare tell him he’s not playing Tuesday.”
Obviously Vigneault fears having to deal with the feisty Burrows and I can’t blame him as Burrows is a tremendous pain in the butt for opponents to deal with on the ice. The Canucks will have to do a little bit of salary work to be able to squeeze Burrows in under the cap and it looks like Alexandre Bolduc could move to LTIR in order to do that.
With Burrows returning, we can effectively put an end to the endless auditioning of players to put on a line with Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin. Guys like Mason Raymond and Mikael Samuelsson just did not work out well and getting Alex Burrows back on a line with them will help solve a lot of problems the Canucks have had with chemistry amongst line mates. Burrows will also add a bit more snarl to the team, something that’s been a bit lacking to start the year.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)