Nov 1, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
If there’s something that the Vancouver Canucks have been missing, aside from good health along the blue line, it’s the presences of all-around threat Alex Burrows. Burrows plays on the wing with the Sedin twins, he sets up on the power play, and he’s a legitimate threat to score when working on the penalty kill as well.
After going through off-season shoulder surgery, Burrows’ rehab has kept him out of action this season. That is, until tomorrow when it appears that Burrows will be set to rejoin the Canucks lineup. Gord McIntyre of the Vancouver Province gets the word from Canucks coach Alain Vigneault about Burrows’ status.
Tonight’s game marks the 10th and final game Alex Burrows has to sit out after being placed on the long-term injury reserve to start the season. He’ll play Tuesday.
“He’s fine, he’s ready to go,” Vigneault said. “I would not dare tell him he’s not playing Tuesday.”
Obviously Vigneault fears having to deal with the feisty Burrows and I can’t blame him as Burrows is a tremendous pain in the butt for opponents to deal with on the ice. The Canucks will have to do a little bit of salary work to be able to squeeze Burrows in under the cap and it looks like Alexandre Bolduc could move to LTIR in order to do that.
With Burrows returning, we can effectively put an end to the endless auditioning of players to put on a line with Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin. Guys like Mason Raymond and Mikael Samuelsson just did not work out well and getting Alex Burrows back on a line with them will help solve a lot of problems the Canucks have had with chemistry amongst line mates. Burrows will also add a bit more snarl to the team, something that’s been a bit lacking to start the year.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)