Nov 1, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
If there’s something that the Vancouver Canucks have been missing, aside from good health along the blue line, it’s the presences of all-around threat Alex Burrows. Burrows plays on the wing with the Sedin twins, he sets up on the power play, and he’s a legitimate threat to score when working on the penalty kill as well.
After going through off-season shoulder surgery, Burrows’ rehab has kept him out of action this season. That is, until tomorrow when it appears that Burrows will be set to rejoin the Canucks lineup. Gord McIntyre of the Vancouver Province gets the word from Canucks coach Alain Vigneault about Burrows’ status.
Tonight’s game marks the 10th and final game Alex Burrows has to sit out after being placed on the long-term injury reserve to start the season. He’ll play Tuesday.
“He’s fine, he’s ready to go,” Vigneault said. “I would not dare tell him he’s not playing Tuesday.”
Obviously Vigneault fears having to deal with the feisty Burrows and I can’t blame him as Burrows is a tremendous pain in the butt for opponents to deal with on the ice. The Canucks will have to do a little bit of salary work to be able to squeeze Burrows in under the cap and it looks like Alexandre Bolduc could move to LTIR in order to do that.
With Burrows returning, we can effectively put an end to the endless auditioning of players to put on a line with Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin. Guys like Mason Raymond and Mikael Samuelsson just did not work out well and getting Alex Burrows back on a line with them will help solve a lot of problems the Canucks have had with chemistry amongst line mates. Burrows will also add a bit more snarl to the team, something that’s been a bit lacking to start the year.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)