Nov 1, 2010, 2:21 PM EST
While the Chicago Blackhawks have had a good start to their season, they’re getting some good news tonight heading into their contest against the New York Rangers. Defenseman Brian Campbell, who sprained his knee during training camp, will make his first start of the season and as you might expect, he’s fired up about playing. Chris Kuc gets the quotes from Campbell via Chicago Breaking Sports.
“I’m excited,” Campbell said after the Hawks’ morning skate. “It’s been pretty boring the last month. I’m ready to go and try and help out and get the feel for it again.”
“(My knee) feels pretty good,” Campbell added. ”You’re going to have pain for a little while longer. I was comfortable with it and I had a really good skate (Saturday) in Minnesota. After that I felt pretty good. I responded well and I was working hard to get back.”
Campbell gets right back into the swing of things with his defense partner from last season, Niklas Hjalmarsson. Brent Seabrook and Duncan Keith remain as the top pair, meanwhile Jassen Cullimore and Jordan Hendry will be the third pair. That leaves Nick Boynton out of the lineup as a healthy scratch.
Getting Campbell back gives Chicago an offensive threat on the blue line and someone to help their power play unit out as well. Expect the Blackhawks to ride that top four set of defensemen as long as they’re all healthy. They’re the absolute best that Chicago rolls out there and while the third pairing is good for getting a break on occasion, you can’t bank on them to do any real heavy lifting out there. For Chicago, they’ll be happy to do that.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 24
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 23
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)