Nov 1, 2010, 2:21 PM EDT
While the Chicago Blackhawks have had a good start to their season, they’re getting some good news tonight heading into their contest against the New York Rangers. Defenseman Brian Campbell, who sprained his knee during training camp, will make his first start of the season and as you might expect, he’s fired up about playing. Chris Kuc gets the quotes from Campbell via Chicago Breaking Sports.
“I’m excited,” Campbell said after the Hawks’ morning skate. “It’s been pretty boring the last month. I’m ready to go and try and help out and get the feel for it again.”
“(My knee) feels pretty good,” Campbell added. “You’re going to have pain for a little while longer. I was comfortable with it and I had a really good skate (Saturday) in Minnesota. After that I felt pretty good. I responded well and I was working hard to get back.”
Campbell gets right back into the swing of things with his defense partner from last season, Niklas Hjalmarsson. Brent Seabrook and Duncan Keith remain as the top pair, meanwhile Jassen Cullimore and Jordan Hendry will be the third pair. That leaves Nick Boynton out of the lineup as a healthy scratch.
Getting Campbell back gives Chicago an offensive threat on the blue line and someone to help their power play unit out as well. Expect the Blackhawks to ride that top four set of defensemen as long as they’re all healthy. They’re the absolute best that Chicago rolls out there and while the third pairing is good for getting a break on occasion, you can’t bank on them to do any real heavy lifting out there. For Chicago, they’ll be happy to do that.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 59
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5