Oct 31, 2010, 9:10 PM EST
You know, it didn’t really feel like Keith Ballard was a “true” Vancouver Canucks defenseman until he finally suffered an injury.
The former Florida Panthers defenseman missed some time after an October 15 concussion, but the Vancouver Province reports that the valuable blueliner could very well return this week after passing many of the hurdles associated with recovering from a head injury. He might even play as early as Monday.
Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said that Ballard will be a game-time decision tomorrow morning.
“I would say he might be a game-time decision come tomorrow morning,” Vigneault added. “He felt really good yesterday (Saturday) and has been doing off-ice work for a few days now. He practised yesterday with the group, pracised today with the group, so we’ll see how he is tomorrow and decide then.”
Ballard was traded from the Florida Panthers with Victor Oreskovich to the Canucks in exchange for Michael Grabner, Steve Bernier and the 25th pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft (Quinton Howden). He has zero points in four games this season after playing all 82 games in 2009-10 to earn eight goals, 28 points and a -7 rating.
- BREAKING: Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM 14
- Mike Richards clears waivers 25
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)