Oct 30, 2010, 7:25 PM EDT
If you missed out on the other starting goalies for tonight, you can find them here. As for the games starting after 10:00 pm ET tonight, here’s the run down of what’s going on.
10:00 pm ET
Washington @ Calgary
Washington likely starter: With Semyon Varlamov still out and even younger goalie Braden Holtby waiting as the backup tonight, Michal Neuvirth gets the nod in goal once again for Washington. This marks his third start in a row and tenth of the season already for the youngster who figured to be Varlamov’s backup.
Calgary likely starter: Miikka Kiprusoff will once again take his spot between the pipes for Calgary after Henrik Karlsson’s rough outing the other night against Colorado. Kiprusoff getting a night off here and there is a must for the Flames, but losing the way they did against Colorado the other night doesn’t do much to make head coach Brent Sutter feel confident in giving the workhorse goalie Kiprusoff a day off.
10:30 pm ET
New Jersey @ Los Angeles
New Jersey’s likely starter: Martin Brodeur gets the call once again in net after stonewalling the Ducks last night in New Jersey’s 2-1 win. Head coach John MacLean announced after last night’s game that Brodeur would get the nod tonight against Los Angeles and why not? Brodeur did well so might as well stick with him while he’s hot. Also, he’s the franchise as far as the Devils go, so there is that too. That said, it might not hurt to get Marty a day off soon.
Los Angeles’ likely starter: Jon Quick looks to get the nod in goal for the Kings. His job comes into focus a little bit more given that free agent missed opportunity Ilya Kovalchuk will be trying to score on him all night long. Kings fans would like a little bit of vindication after missing out landing Kovalchuk in the off-season.
Anaheim @ San Jose
Anaheim’s likely starter: As of right now, we’ve got no other reason to think otherwise, but we believe it’ll be Jonas Hiller getting the nod. It’s possible that Curtis McElhinney will go given that Hiller started last night’s game against New Jersey. This one probably won’t be announced until later. We’ll keep you posted.
San Jose’s likely starter: Antero Niittymaki will get the start for San Jose once again and he’s looked good of late in the games he’s had. Nothing at all wrong with riding the hot hand especially early in the year with neither Niittymaki or Niemi established as “the man.”
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)