Oct 30, 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
We’ve speculated that Ondrej Pavelec might start for the first time since that scary collapsing incident (and the concussions that resulted from it) this week, but it seems just about official.
Mason won his last two starts, including Friday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres, but back-to-backs make it even more sensible for Pavelec to make his return.
Pavelec played 42 games for Atlanta last season, going 14-18-7 with a 3.29 GAA and a 90.6 save percentage. The team is expecting big things, as he still has plenty of room to improve at 23 years old.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)