Oct 30, 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
We’ve speculated that Ondrej Pavelec might start for the first time since that scary collapsing incident (and the concussions that resulted from it) this week, but it seems just about official.
Mason won his last two starts, including Friday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres, but back-to-backs make it even more sensible for Pavelec to make his return.
Pavelec played 42 games for Atlanta last season, going 14-18-7 with a 3.29 GAA and a 90.6 save percentage. The team is expecting big things, as he still has plenty of room to improve at 23 years old.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 51
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 160
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)