Oct 30, 2010, 12:59 PM EST
We’ve speculated that Ondrej Pavelec might start for the first time since that scary collapsing incident (and the concussions that resulted from it) this week, but it seems just about official.
Mason won his last two starts, including Friday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres, but back-to-backs make it even more sensible for Pavelec to make his return.
Pavelec played 42 games for Atlanta last season, going 14-18-7 with a 3.29 GAA and a 90.6 save percentage. The team is expecting big things, as he still has plenty of room to improve at 23 years old.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)