Oct 30, 2010, 12:59 PM EDT
We’ve speculated that Ondrej Pavelec might start for the first time since that scary collapsing incident (and the concussions that resulted from it) this week, but it seems just about official.
Mason won his last two starts, including Friday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres, but back-to-backs make it even more sensible for Pavelec to make his return.
Pavelec played 42 games for Atlanta last season, going 14-18-7 with a 3.29 GAA and a 90.6 save percentage. The team is expecting big things, as he still has plenty of room to improve at 23 years old.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)